Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

** Important News: New Vehicle Registrations on Hold

Just spoke to my Brother in law and he phoned dealer at 9.00am and has been given offer to cancel if he wants and he will receive his deposit back. Still no more information on the situation though.
Unless you've ordered something really wacky (gold plated LED headlights and SatNav), you shouldn't have much difficulty cancelling a Cali order at any time. Most dealers could easily sell more than their allocation.

Very disappointing to those whose plans have been ruined but that is the reality of ordering a Cali so you can’t be too surprised this day and age.
Lack of a coordinated action to keep customers in the loop is also not a surprise as the manufacturer/dealer relationship is as bad in some cases as the dealer/customer one and then we throw VWCS into the mix and whole relationship of VW and the regulators.
This like most things in life will be sorted out with a bit of time. Let’s wait and see and stay calm.

Mike

Last edited:
We had a VW Touran TDI which was subject to software fix. Result was no loss of power and no change noticeable either driving or consumption. That said it appears VW have done themselves no favours by their arrogance yet again. Sad.
Can't say the same about the Wife's ex EOS. Sounded rough and wasn't as good to drive after fix and EGR failed within a couple of thousand miles and 5 miles after garage check giving a clean bill of health. VW paid 90% without being asked for the EGR (£600 total cost).
Replaced the car last week with a Citroen mainly due to loss of trust in VW. New model Polo was the alternative car choice.

No reported problems with Marco Polo.
Maybe not with the engine. Having my wifes Smart being serviced. Marco Polo in showroom. Bed stuck half down, awaiting a part.

Maybe not with the engine. Having my wifes Smart being serviced. Marco Polo in showroom. Bed stuck half down, awaiting a part.
The back seats for MP can be reset by pressing a button. Have you tried that?

The back seats for MP can be reset by pressing a button. Have you tried that?
I'm sure the Dealer tried that. It was in their showroom.

Hope the comments do descend into VW MB nonsense. MB members are welcome so stick to friendly banter. My frustration is my Cali is running like a dream. Quiet smooth and on last 250 mile journey perfect!

Perhaps you could message the MB dealership.

From all I have seen, read and experienced first hand the MB dealerships are a worthy competitor to the VW ones when it comes to being clueless regarding their flagship leisure vehicle.

Fortunately for our fellow campers, and for us, within the dross there are some outstanding examples of competence and attention to customer needs.

Quite remarkably, Alfie was driven home to me yesterday by my dealer who offers a collect and return service, and it was the first 204 that their driver had experienced. He has been there for as long as I have, first Albert and now Alfie, so we talk a lot when he collects and delivers, and he was knocked out by the driving experience and the dash.

For me it said it all about having our pride and joy's serviced by commercial dealers who for the most part see only basic spec trade vehicles.

Can't say the same about the Wife's ex EOS. Sounded rough and wasn't as good to drive after fix and EGR failed within a couple of thousand miles and 5 miles after garage check giving a clean bill of health. VW paid 90% without being asked for the EGR (£600 total cost).
Replaced the car last week with a Citroen mainly due to loss of trust in VW. New model Polo was the alternative car choice.
Was the mechanic too blame? Three others I know had similar outcome to my fix and garage gave me even better trade in than I expected after test drive (and that was not for another VW).

Hope the comments do descend into VW MB nonsense. MB members are welcome so stick to friendly banter. My frustration is my Cali is running like a dream. Quiet smooth and on last 250 mile journey perfect!

I can't fault Alfie. The annoying squeak has gone and the oil service indicator apparently does fluctuate in the first very new weeks, but nearly 2,000 miles and it's just a joy to drive.

OK GrannyJen, NOW I'm jealous - I'm trying to stay positive - I'm convinced that it will be worth the (long) wait....

OK GrannyJen, NOW I'm jealous - I'm trying to stay positive - I'm convinced that it will be worth the (long) wait....

If it's eurovans Crawley say hello to Mike from me.

Mid January, if all the gloom and doom is correct, may be mid February. Unless you have anything specific to do in those four weeks then you have just missed out on having one of the finest smile machines on the planet in the four weeks of the year when smiles can be limited. Cold, wet, short days, long nights, not the most rewarding conditions to be in a camper. Trust me, I have managed to be away in those four weeks for the last four years :shocked

The wait will be frustrating and seem endless, but once the machine arrives, all those dismal memories will be swept aside.

So when I said on another thread "picking up on Friday ....and I really hope it works out ok because I'm selling our car tomorrow... could be an awkward Christmas otherwise!" I was kind of joking - knowing that all of the usual obstacles had been overcome! Imagine my surprise on my way back on the bus from having sold the car to see this thread and then confirming with the dealer today :Depressed! So no vehicle and lots of places to be at Christmas! :headbang

So when I said on another thread "picking up on Friday ....and I really hope it works out ok because I'm selling our car tomorrow... could be an awkward Christmas otherwise!" I was kind of joking - knowing that all of the usual obstacles had been overcome! Imagine my surprise on my way back on the bus from having sold the car to see this thread and then confirming with the dealer today :Depressed! So no vehicle and lots of places to be at Christmas! :headbang

What did your dealer say? (Imagine having to make that call?)

That really is rotten. I really hope the dealer shows a bit of compassion and sorts you out a vehicle for the holidays.

Oh how awful. As @blondebier says, I hope they can at least sort a courtesy car out for you. That is awful.

Has it been registered?

What did your dealer say? (Imagine having to make that call?)

That really is rotten. I really hope the dealer shows a bit of compassion and sorts you out a vehicle for the holidays.
He's investigating further but doesn't know any details from VW yet - expecting some today

Oh how awful. As @blondebier says, I hope they can at least sort a courtesy car out for you. That is awful.
I'm hoping for that too GJ! To think, my daughter was crying yesterday as I drove the car away to sell it! There'll prob be bigger tears now! :mad:

Back