In need of a delivery address on mainland Europe

A

AlanC

Traveling
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
We have a MFT BackBox which we use on our longer trips.

This year a locking pin on the Rear Carrier sheared which meant we had to adapt the bike rack to carry the Back Box as we couldn't mount it on the tow bar as usual.

I have been in contact with MFT in Germany but they will not send the parts (worth @25.00) direct to the UK
"Because we don´t deliver to the UK - anymore because of the braxsit story."

I have asked if I can arrange a collect using UPS, but in the meantime was wondering if any kind forum member on mainland Europe would be willing to be a delivery/ forwarding address for me.

If it is of any use the company address is:

mft transport systems GmbH
Almarstraße 9
74532 Ilshofen-Großallmerspann
Germany

Thanks in anticipation.

Alan

I would if it helps, going back to France November and returning week before xmas.
Hi John,

Thanks for the offer, that would be great except would there be any one in France to receive the package before you get back there?

I am concerned that MFT may be a reluctant to send the items out on a specific date given their current stance.

Alan

You can ask to send it to my Brussels office Alan. There's always people here to receive the parcel.

You can ask to send it to my Brussels office Alan. There's always people here to receive the parcel.
That would work as there would be no 'braxsit story' issue there.

I am investigating setting up a UPS collection at the moment so will come back to you on that.

Alan

I would also be happy to help if needed …

I would also be happy to help if needed …
Hi Henrik,

Thanks for the offer, I am investigating getting a courier company to collect the parts and deliver to the UK at the moment.

Will keep you posted.

Alan

Hi John,

Thanks for the offer, that would be great except would there be any one in France to receive the package before you get back there?

I am concerned that MFT may be a reluctant to send the items out on a specific date given their current stance.

Alan
Sorry no one there until we get back

The next few weeks we are home. Happy to receive and forward a package if needed! We are sure we can convince dutch mail services that Brexit hasn't happened yet! :D

[EDIT}Here's an interesting phenomenon: we type b r e x i t, and the system changes that to 'boris bike' o_O Some practical joker programmed this system! [/EDIT]

We have a MFT BackBox which we use on our longer trips.

This year a locking pin on the Rear Carrier sheared which meant we had to adapt the bike rack to carry the Back Box as we couldn't mount it on the tow bar as usual.

I have been in contact with MFT in Germany but they will not send the parts (worth @25.00) direct to the UK
"Because we don´t deliver to the UK - anymore because of the braxsit story."

I have asked if I can arrange a collect using UPS, but in the meantime was wondering if any kind forum member on mainland Europe would be willing to be a delivery/ forwarding address for me.

If it is of any use the company address is:

mft transport systems GmbH
Almarstraße 9
74532 Ilshofen-Großallmerspann
Germany

Thanks in anticipation.

Alan
If you´re stuck, you can give me a shout Alan :thumb

By the looks plenty of solutions ...if there's need to i can also function as inbetween adresses...

Not much to say except what a wonderful response - this is a great community! :) :thumb

I’m sure that Guy Boursot at http://www.boursot.co.uk would probably be able to help you.

It’s a great little wine shop in Ardres - 15 minutes from Calais and they handle wine deliveries from Chateaux to their place for people (€4,60 a case of 12 handling fee - have used them several times).

This isn’t much different and you could always shop for some wine whilst you’re at it just mentioning it in case being near Calais helps you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm at my home here in Spain, when not hopping about in the Cali hither and yon, and would take in your delivery no problem at all. Back to our home in the UK, up north, 24th November.
O'reet.

Thank you all for your offers of providing a delivery address in Europe. I have now organised a delivery to the UK.

I do love this forum as the response to my request was terrific and speedy.

Thanks again one and all.:thanks:cheers

Alan

Back