Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Incorrect spec

Woodstock wheels look great in my opinion but having had cars with diamond cut wheels previously, they invariably suffer from lacquer worm as mentioned above quite quickly.
The Aracaju wheels are a nice wheel, easy to maintain and suit the Cali - these are unique to the Ocean models.
As above, try them and see if you like them. If not, sell them on and get something different - either the Woodstocks or aftermarket - plenty of options there!
We went aftermarket this time as I didn’t like the wheels that came on our new Cali (we went OZ Rally Raid from Elite Wheels).
Most importantly don’t let this wheel issue or the dealer put you off your new Cali - there’s better dealers out there and the wheels can be sorted. The Cali is an amazing machine.

View attachment 126611
They are nice aftermarket wheels. I echo your thoughts regarding getting hung up on one issue and focus on it..take a step back and just see what a great machine tge Cali really is…in the grand scheme of things Wheels are probably the best possible thing to disagree about as they are so easily changed..

The Aracaju wheels are a nice wheel, easy to maintain and suit the Cali - these are unique to the Ocean models.

View attachment 126611
Not exactly. They are standard on all the Edition models incl Beach and Coast. The only thing I don't like about them is the offset. They need to be about 2cm further out to fill the wheel well like those OZ's.

I'd say that technically you agreed an amended order without the chosen wheels. Probably missed off in the conversion from DTD to Eurovans.

And given it's Eurovans, definitely flogging a dead horse.

I've been reading about folks getting the wrong model, and/or missing features that can't be added. Of course your situation isn't ideal, but it could be a lot worse.

My van was pre-speced and came with 18" alloys, and I knew I would change to 17" steels and AT tires.

Used the van due 20,000km, sold the 18s on this forum, then got the wheels I wanted.

I hope you enjoy your new van as much as I love mine1000060389.jpg

I made a few changes to my order but had to do it through DTD, the same dealer would not deal with me directly, but my wheels were clearly stated on the forms I agreed to ‍♀️, doesn’t really help you sorry, ps we have the a nightmare keeping these wheels clean, suspect VW are using cheap brake pads now as the wheels are constantly covered in black dust. Wish I’d gone for black wheels.

I made a few changes to my order but had to do it through DTD, the same dealer would not deal with me directly, but my wheels were clearly stated on the forms I agreed to ‍♀️, doesn’t really help you sorry, ps we have the a nightmare keeping these wheels clean, suspect VW are using cheap brake pads now as the wheels are constantly covered in black dust. Wish I’d gone for black wheels.
I'm guessing you never owned an Audi. Awful for brake dust.

I've been reading about folks getting the wrong model, and/or missing features that can't be added. Of course your situation isn't ideal, but it could be a lot worse.

My van was pre-speced and came with 18" alloys, and I knew I would change to 17" steels and AT tires.

Used the van due 20,000km, sold the 18s on this forum, then got the wheels I wanted.

I hope you enjoy your new van as much as I love mineView attachment 126735
Hi Chris, off topic but it would be great to get an update on how your van has performed in SAm, which mods have worked well and any regrets. I’ve done a fair bit of soft roading in mine and a few green lanes too with no dramas so far. Planning a big adventure through the Balkans and possibly Georgia next year with a fair bit of off-roading so any tips gratefully received. TBH, my biggest concern is the furniture!

Woodstocks are ugly to me - not symmetrical. Look like caravan hubcaps. Also diamond cut, so will degrade. Aracajus are superior - as long as you didn't pay for Woodstocks you are one up.

I have black Springfields - unfortunately the brake dust is brown, so they're not really a solution to dirty wheels. I wonder if upgraded pads would solve it. I'm definitely not putting carbon brakes on it!

I have black Springfields - unfortunately the brake dust is brown, so they're not really a solution to dirty wheels. I wonder if upgraded pads would solve it. I'm definitely not putting carbon brakes on it!
The Akebono Carbons are a hybrid formulation for use with steel discs. The dramatically reduced brake dust on my Ausi S4. Not quite as bitey as the OEM's but offered a more progressive braking feedback.

If you are planning on trips to the ski slopes why not buy the Woodstock Diamond rims that you like and fit with the 4 season tyres from the Aracaju? (assuming they fit and fit). Fit the Aracaju with new winter tyres. Having said that, do you have a spare? If not, you might need 2 steel rims too… or 2 2nd hand rims from eBay.

Back