I want some more options, but VW wont let me :-(

MarkVw2017

MarkVw2017

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Dear Cali Gurus,

I have placed my order form in and got a build week of end of august :thumb.

However, i want to add about £2k worth of options so asked dealer and they said because its got a build week, no more options can be added :Depressed

Has anyone else had this happen as surely people change their minds. I want about £2k worth of options added so its not a small amount

As I understand it once it goes into build week that’s it I’m afraid. What did you want?

In a way it’s a blessing because you can just stop the angst.

Mike

As I understand it once it goes into build week that’s it I’m afraid. What did you want?

In a way it’s a blessing because you can just stop the angst.

Mike
Hi Mike,

Very true, and save some money i suppose!

Dear Cali Gurus,

I have placed my order form in and got a build week of end of august :thumb.

However, i want to add about £2k worth of options so asked dealer and they said because its got a build week, no more options can be added :Depressed

Has anyone else had this happen as surely people change their minds. I want about £2k worth of options added so its not a small amount

I think it depends on what options you want to add. Something like app connect would not be a problem, but adding a parking heater once you have a confirmed build date would be an issue as resources, labour and parts, will have already been allocated for your particular build.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I think it depends on what options you want to add. Something like app connect would not be a problem, but adding a parking heater once you have a confirmed build date would be an issue as resources, labour and parts, will have already been allocated for your particular build.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu
Thanks Tom,

Suppose it makes sense!

We noticed after ordering that our dealer had specified the wrong wheels. When we tried to change the order, we were told we couldn't because it was too late. We were absolutely delighted, because our van arrived shortly afterwards. Couldn't care less about the wheels then, WE GOT OUR VAN EARLY!!!!! (we had the wheels powder coated after!). Hope your van comes soon so you can enjoy what's left of the summer :)

As a salesman , I am often asked this , when the people looking to place the order have been to-ing and fro-ing for months. There are various build codes where changes can be made, but there is no hard and fast rules.
I have ordered vehicles and they have had confirmed build slots a day later and others have taken weeks to be accepted by the factory.
If the production week is confirmed , there is nothing we as a dealer can do.
if it is scheduled (not confirmed) some changes can be made , but there again, no definitive options /changes.
Make sure you know what you want when you order it!!! Please do not blame the dealer for your mistake, I will always go over an order and ask are you sure? if there are options that I think you should have , I would recommend them for a reason ( I have been selling them for over 10years ) , and we don't get paid anything extra for them.

I agree with you that there must come a point where the an order is "locked-in" and cannot be changed but surely people have the right to change their mind up right up until the point the order is locked; perhaps VW should change the ordering process to give folks a concrete date after which no changes can be made then this is known by all up-front; chances are it would reduce the number of last minute changes and help ensure the dealer doesn't take the flack when changes cannot be made.

When we ordered our CaliO back in May, we made 3 or 4 changes AFTER the order was placed and the dealer was more than happy to accommodate; once we got the "build week", the order was then locked.

Last edited:
Trouble is, that for a lot of Cali ‘orderers’, the dealerships don’t know enough about their own product, let alone its associated options to take you through the process effectively.

It really helps to know your stuff prior to entering the dealership, but by rights, it should be the dealership guiding you with their knowledge rather than the other way around.

Absolutely correct! the point I was trying to make is that people don't just come in and say I want to buy a california, there is a lot of research done by customers , who probably know more than sales people (in certain garages), so it is not a decision made lightly .
When you do your shopping , you put things in and out of your trolley before you get to the tills and a decent salesperson will go through the merits of each option with you for YOU to make a judgement (not forums).
You can always ask the salesperson not to order the vehicle for a week. I sometimes sit on orders if I know a customer is likely to change it, but what is the point of ordering a vehicle if you want to change your mind??
Then you wont be happy with the extended lead time!

Back