Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Informal weekend meets

Heather

Heather

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hello there... Is anyone interested in some informal active weekend meets throughout the season? Places where you can do a bit of hiking/cycling/ sightseeing in the local area. We want to try and get out more this year.

yes. we are into hiking too. peak district and the lakes are our usual destinations

Hi Heather, we’d be interested in that - live near Guildford so quite local to you - would love to see what we can do.
Cheers, Mike

Yes we would be interested if the dates work

I grew up just around the corner from there, and it is a gorgeous, especially when arriving by boat for an overnight stay on the beach

I woud love to meet up with some of you Cali gurus, im from North Wales so let us know if N. wales if of interest and i will look up some treks and nice sites :thumb

Up for it, Midlands based (Derby) provided nothing else has priority..

It sounds like there is a lot of interest in this, so I will put up a few dates this weekend! Please note these are not official club meets. If you want to join, it will be up to you to book the site, etc. We are social campers, so it would be great to meet others who come along. We want to get out a fair bit this year and hope the weather accomodates it!!!

I woud love to meet up with some of you Cali gurus, im from North Wales so let us know if N. wales if of interest and i will look up some treks and nice sites :thumb
I would love to come up your way Mark! I have a trip planned for the Lakes at the end of June... could do a side trip to North Wales :)

We are there the last week of June. Could organise a mini-meet?

It sounds like there is a lot of interest in this, so I will put up a few dates this weekend! Please note these are not official club meets. If you want to join, it will be up to you to book the site, etc. We are social campers, so it would be great to meet others who come along. We want to get out a fair bit this year and hope the weather accomodates it!!!

Not like the snow last year at West Bay!!!
I would def be up for this somewhere local ish!

Here are a few suggestions... let me know if anyone wants to come along

5/6th April... try out Long Meadow Campsite in the New Forest assuming we don't have any snow!

We are headed to St. Ives for Easter week at Ayr Holiday Park.

Also, booked into Keswick CCC from 29th of June... if someone sets up something in North Wales around that time, I would be interested in joining.

I am also very tempted to try Old Oakes in early June...

Here are a few suggestions... let me know if anyone wants to come along

5/6th April... try out Long Meadow Campsite in the New Forest assuming we don't have any snow!

We are headed to St. Ives for Easter week at Ayr Holiday Park.

Also, booked into Keswick CCC from 29th of June... if someone sets up something in North Wales around that time, I would be interested in joining.

I am also very tempted to try Old Oakes in early June...

I would definitely be up for Long Meadow in April. Hadn't heard to that site before but it looks excellent.
Only one possible fly in the ointment - I have to have an operation on my foot which will stop me driving for 6 weeks :( I am going to see the surgeon tomorrow so should have an idea then of when it might be.

I would definitely be up for Long Meadow in April. Hadn't heard to that site before but it looks excellent.
Only one possible fly in the ointment - I have to have an operation on my foot which will stop me driving for 6 weeks :( I am going to see the surgeon tomorrow so should have an idea then of when it might be.
Hope your foot is ok Gillian. We could always do Long Meadow later! I wanted to go back in September but the weekend I booked was a washout and we had a grass pitch, so we passed. Looks like a great location and the site gets lots of positive feedback. It's also not too far away from us... :)

Count us in if dates suit

Ayr at Easter is good for us, will dates be confirmed soon so we can pencil in ?

Hope your foot is ok Gillian. We could always do Long Meadow later! I wanted to go back in September but the weekend I booked was a washout and we had a grass pitch, so we passed. Looks like a great location and the site gets lots of positive feedback. It's also not too far away from us... :)

Thank you. Can't get a firm date because all elective surgery in the orthopedic ward cancelled at the mo as their ward is being used for medical cases due to lack of beds. But have just remembered that I have to go to a wedding that Sunday 7th April. Long Meadow later would be great though. Will let you know when I am back in action.

@steveandlisa, I have booked Ayr from 18-23rd April. Look forward to seeing anyone who wants to join us there!

Back