Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Local Meets for March 2014

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Early next year we are looking at holding several local meets all on the same day, I will be holding one in Devon and Kev will be at Wicksteed Park in Kettering.

It would also be nice if someone out there can help us arrange a meet in the South East and maybe another for the North?

if interested please get in touch.

Re: Local Meets for early 2014

I'll have a go and try and sort out a southeast meet if there's some interest :)

choplee said:
I'll have a go and try and sort out a southeast meet if there's some interest :)

Thanks Lee, that is three area's covered now ... Just need the far North?

There must be someone up north that wants a meet up ... Not really anything to organise ,so hopefully someone will do it :)

I have found somewhere that would cater for a Regional meet in the North Midlands but it's only about 90 minutes drive from Kettering is it far enough North? :D

Yorkshire would be better :thumb is there anybody in Scotland that knows a pub with a large car park where they could cater for a few Cali's :?: we are hoping to keep these meets simple
Find a pub pick a date and announce it on here that's it. Doesn't matter if only a couple turn up
It would be good to chat cali :thumb

Happy to organise something in Scotland. We'd need to find somewhere that suited the majority. Was it March you're thinking of ?

Cheers Ewan yes we were thinking maybe second or third Sunday in march. We fully understand the locations chosen may not suit everybody that's why they are informal just turn up if you can :thumb it really doesn't matter if only a handfull off people attend. Let us know if you find somewhere and we will announce it :thumb

Looks like we have the country virtually covered :thumb shall we say the second Sunday in March ?

I'm happy with that :thumb 16th is that the one :?:

choplee said:

Depending on when and where etc...I'm more than happy to come along and can bring ordered parts and accessories to save on postage and people coming in to collect.

cheers

smgcowfold said:
choplee said:

Depending on when and where etc...I'm more than happy to come along and can bring ordered parts and accessories to save on postage and people coming in to collect.

cheers

sounds great alex .......was going to look at maidstone sort of area ...want it accessible to all and central .... i 'll keep you posted alex and if you have any ideas give me shout :thumb

FIVE informal afternoon meets now confirmed for March next year, they now all have there own threads and are on the club calendar.

Anyone else fancy arranging something?

choplee said:
We're Surrey/Middlesex but might be able to come over and join you…will pencil it in…!

Calikev said:
Yorkshire would be better :thumb we are hoping to keep these meets simple
Find a pub pick a date and announce it on here that's it. Doesn't matter if only a couple turn up
It would be good to chat cali :thumb

There's a pub near me on the outskirts of Skipton (North Yorkshire) which has a caravan/motorhome stopover area which would accomodate (and I'm guessing) up to 15 Calis, although there are no WC facilities other than in the pub (during opening hours). Skipton is 'The Gateway to the Dales', so could be a suitable venue. Feel free to contact me and if there's enough interest I'll see if they might take a 'block' booking. Can't promise anything right now, but probably worth following up.

I also have a contact for a temporary campsite at Kettlewell (about 16 miles north of Skipton) in the heart of Upper Wharfedale - another possible venue.

Anyone interested?

So where's the Yorkshire Mob? Now getting worried - not many takers yet!
For those who haven't seen what's posted on the 'Meets' page, read on.

For more info on the venue:
it's easy to find - Google maps has it identified on the map, just 50 yards from the Skipton bypass. Just search for Craven Heifer Inn, Grassington Road, Skipton, then look at it on Streetview and you'll see their motorhome stopover parking area with 2 vans on - at the right-hand end of the pub. The park will hold a quite a few vans, probably more than we'll get, as it's actually closed to overnight camping until Easter.

Opening time is 11-00am so I would suggest 12-00 for an arrival time, although anyone wanting lunch (they do a carvery on Sundays, as well as bar meals) may want to arrive a little earlier to make sure of grabbing a table. Their website is quite extensive (it shows their menu :thumb) and gives a lot of info about what there is to see and do in the area, as well as a map for how to find it. For satnav users, the postcode is BD23 3LA, which pinpoints a location about half a mile away - after the pub when travelling from the Skipton bypass.

Looking forward to seeing you all - I'll be there before 12-00 to greet you.
PM me for any further help - but treat me and my elderly T4 gently: this is a first for us!
Geoff

Link to the Yorkshire meet thread: viewtopic.php?f=71&t=5886

Back