Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inlays on a 6.1

RockinNRollin

RockinNRollin

Where to next?
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
So I assumed the “bright brushed inlays” (as opposed to “pewter wave”) would be the strip above the glovebox but the VW configurator suggests it’s the panel around the climate control (which I thought was always a piano black) and the inlay (?) above the glovebox didn’t change when I swapped it to bright brushed on the configurator. So is it the VW website that’s wrong or my understanding of what an inlay is?

Cheers

I thought the inlays were the strip above the glove box/ below the shelf on the passenger side, the corresponding bit on the drivers side, the front face of the doorstops and the bit around the ventilation controls.

Page 32 of the latest brochure shows the two styles & in the top right corner of the photos you can just see the panel by the ventilation controls changing colour. With pewter being black & bright grey changing that panel to bright grey

Attachments

• california-brochure-18.pdf
    7.5 MB · Views: 30
This is from the configurator & matches what ive seen / had on vans.
IMG_0304.jpgIMG_0306.jpg

Cheers. Doesn’t make much sense given the alternative is pewter wave (which is the exact colour and pattern of the inlay above the glove box) but apparently it’s the climate control surround that changes from black to silver. Bizarre.

Cheers. Doesn’t make much sense given the alternative is pewter wave (which is the exact colour and pattern of the inlay above the glove box) but apparently it’s the climate control surround that changes from black to silver. Bizarre.
The other bits do change as well, the pewter is a dark grey with flecks in it, whereas bright grey is a brushed aluminium look. The photos don’t show the difference very well