Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Installed a 1500W power inverter - advisable?

Current is around 4.8~5A, for periods of 25 seconds

5 amps at 240v = 1200 watts, but 1200 watts at 12v = 100 amps, equivalent to turning the starter for 25 seconds. The main vehicle battery would be designed to do this (not for long periods though); but the leisure batteries are not designed for high power outputs.

Try a Moka pot on the gas ring ... or a Handpresso.

I eventually abandoned the Nespresso machine idea, out of fear of damaging the leisure batteries.
I left the inverter assembled, but opted for a 12V Handpresso like you recommended!

2d19tur.jpg

Cheers!

Cool. It seems to fit very well in the cup holders. I will probably order one as well soon.
How do you like the coffee taste? Are those Senseo coffeepads?

It works well.
It takes ESE standard coffee pads, I use Sical or Segafredo at the moment, but you can use whichever brand you prefer. They have launched a new model in the meanwhile, that is also compatible with their adapter to use simply ground coffee. I think the pads are easer to deal with and make less of a mess, so I don't really mind.

As for the taste, it really comes down to the coffee you put in, but for optimal results it's usually better if you manually press the stop button before it starts to get a bit watery and having air bubbles like when you let it drain out all the water. They talk about this in the manual, it's quite simple...

I have some gorgeous portugese wine in my cellar ... just waiting for George Clooney...:oops:

You do not need an inverter to open the bottle either ..... so let's skip the coffee and go for the wine ...

Portuguese wine sounds familiar to me :)

Jen, I leave you with what I believe is one of my better photos - I don't really like having my picture taken, I'll let you make the George Clooney comparison by yourself! :embarrased

View attachment 6545

MCh1777, my Cali is the pre-facelift model, no built-in inverter. I know because when I tried to use the 220V socket and it didn't work I went searching for the problem - blown fuses, etc. only to discover my model does not have an inverter built-in like the following facelift models.:headbang
Also 150W would not be enough for my MacBook, I did the math! :D

And I'm from Portugal, we use the "Euro" plug here, hence ordering the inverter from Germany and not ebay UK. :)

From Portugal???

Abraços :)

First post in this great forum, more will follow to be sure. :bananadance
The espresso besserwisser in me just have to implore you to use the great burners and one of these:
bialetti-venus-profile-back-angle-view_1024x1024.jpg

(Much prefer the aesthetics of the aluminium version, but stainless is probably a better idea in the long run.)

As a bonus: prepare your beans with a manual coffe grinder for that rustic camping/hipster feeling.

I also mount power inverter 3000W/1500W but I
98986eb6d72e283a691d8fc1747b18d4.jpg

added a second 110Ah gel battery to which the inverter is connected, the battery recharges only with solar panel

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk