Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Instrument and Control Panels Not Working

S

Sophie

Vehicle
Just browsing
Recently we let our 4 year old Cali's battery go flat by mistake and we also had a flat tyre. First time we've had any problems! We sorted it out and replaced the tyre and all is good, except the heater now doesn't seem to work - it keeps saying error in programme - and the control panel light for tyre pressure won't turn off. It seems that both the instrument and control panels are not working properly.

Before I take it for a proper service, is there anything anybody would recommend trying?

Recently we let our 4 year old Cali's battery go flat by mistake and we also had a flat tyre. First time we've had any problems! We sorted it out and replaced the tyre and all is good, except the heater now doesn't seem to work - it keeps saying error in programme - and the control panel light for tyre pressure won't turn off. It seems that both the instrument and control panels are not working properly.

Before I take it for a proper service, is there anything anybody would recommend trying?
So you had a flat tyre and battery, but you only replaced the tyre?
You have to reset your TPMS.
Restart your display.
And charge your flat battery, or get a new one.

Sorry I wasn't clear, recharged the battery and got it checked by the AA that it did not need to be replaced (we've camped since). I will look into resetting the TPMS and restarting the display thank you.

Sorry I wasn't clear, recharged the battery and got it checked by the AA that it did not need to be replaced (we've camped since). I will look into resetting the TPMS and restarting the display thank you.
Turning the display off and back on again should be enough.

Back