Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Insurance - Vechicle Modification?

Gedi

Gedi

Our new Cali is going to be ready next week and I'm in the process of sorting out Insurance.

We are getting a Natural grey Cali, c/w 18" Bi-Dakar Alloys, Privacy Glass and Leather Seats.

Q. Do you inform the Insurance company's of all the extra's, even though they have all fitted before you drive the van from new?

Any Info would be much appreicated. I tried looking through you Insurance link but it was all about prices.

Cheers Gedi..... ;)

I did when renewing with Direct Line and as each one was factory fit it made no difference.

I think the key phrase is along the lines of 'differing from factory specification' or 'differing from manufacturers specification'

We do have a tame insurance adviser on the forum so maybe worth asking them to clarify.

Gedi said:
Our new Cali is going to be ready next week and I'm in the process of sorting out Insurance.

We are getting a Natural grey Cali, c/w 18" Bi-Dakar Alloys, Privacy Glass and Leather Seats.

Q. Do you inform the Insurance company's of all the extra's, even though they have all fitted before you drive the van from new?

Any Info would be much appreicated. I tried looking through you Insurance link but it was all about prices.

Cheers Gedi..... ;)

Hello,

Its best to disclose everything including factory options :)

If you make a claim and they find things that were not disclosed it can make the claim take longer to deal with..

If you need a quote on the vehicle then feel free to give me a call.

All the best

Dan
A-Plan Insurance
01635-879910

Cheers for the info, I did phone A-Plan but they couldn't give me a quote because I work on a 2weeks on-off rotation.
Landed up going with Comfort and disclosed all the extra's, they give you a quote on your overall cost of your vechicle.

Gedi.... ;)

Back