Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Would love you thoughts on which wheel ?

SteveW

SteveW

VIP Member
Hi all

I have a bee in my bonet for some new alloys on my 62 reg Natural grey Cali. I have the standard 16 inch alloys on and will be going for either 18" Sportlines in silver or 18" Bi Dakar ???

Would appreciate all your views on which you think would look the best with natural grey ?

Thanks

Steve

Wow !! Shinny Cali's :D

Stu, is your Cali the standard ride height or is the Berg a little lower than standard ? Just the wheels appear to fill the arches more.

I need to decide before COTF :? But they look great with the natural grey.

Cheers

Steve

Not seen black sport lines on a grey Cali yet ....
And there are others if you fancy something different to the norm ;-)

choplee said:
Not seen black sport lines on a grey Cali yet ....
And there are others if you fancy something different to the norm ;-)

Hi

Funny you say that because black sportlines was my first plan !!! But have started having doubts after seeing my mates grey transpoter sportline with silver wheels as it looked nice. Then I headed down the bi Dakar best of both worlds thought ?!?

Cheers

Steve

It's on the -35mm VW (Eibach) springs Steve.

You can have them fitted at CotF ;-).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

A little dirty here after 2 hard weeks in Europe -

photo.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MisterTea said:
Black sline on reflex silver.. For comparison.

Nice picture, van looks great. Did you get the side bars power coated or are these the ones from steelworks?

Hi all

Noob question!

I've got 16'' standard alloys on mine - if you add larger alloys don't you start raising the Cali so it can't go under barriers in car parks etc? Would be interested if anyone knows how much of an issue that would be if I put some on mine - am thinking 17'' thunders probably, just a minor upgrade.

Love all those photos too :)

Maybe, but incredibly slight. You're probably looking at mm.

The wheel is bigger but the tyre profile will be smaller.

Some great looking Cali's guys :clap

Have to say I think I'm really swaying towards the Dakar bi colour, they look great with the natural grey. Was thinking of getting these done at COTF along with bike rack. Only problem would be lugging the old wheels back :headbang

Man this Cali owning game is causing some sharp pains in my wallet pocket again :shocked

Loving it though :smile

SteveW said:
Have to say I think I'm really swaying towards the Dakar bi colour, they look great with the natural grey.

Yep, I'd agree with that... For natural grey those bi colours are perfect
It might hurt £ but you won't regret it....

I haven't seen anyone with just standard Dakar's on their Cali yet or the vw eos wheels ;-)... They got them at Smg as well

And there are always the Canberra alloys too... ;)

Looking forward to swapping back from winter tyres!

shambly said:
And there are always the Canberra alloys too... ;)

Looking forward to swapping back from winter tyres!

Sorry shambly forgot about them .. I think they look very smart :)

SteveW said:
Some great looking Cali's guys :clap

Have to say I think I'm really swaying towards the Dakar bi colour, they look great with the natural grey. Was thinking of getting these done at COTF along with bike rack. Only problem would be lugging the old wheels back :headbang

Man this Cali owning game is causing some sharp pains in my wallet pocket again :shocked

Loving it though :smile

Perhaps you could arrange a trade with someone else who's going to offload your existing wheels.

I'm a fan of the Canberra on the grey, but do love my bi-dakars, much easier to clean too I bet.

honestly though, you could pick one out of a hat and wouldn't be disappointed, I think all the 18" wheels look great :)

jonesey said:
Hi all

Noob question!

I've got 16'' standard alloys on mine - if you add larger alloys don't you start raising the Cali so it can't go under barriers in car parks etc? Would be interested if anyone knows how much of an issue that would be if I put some on mine - am thinking 17'' thunders probably, just a minor upgrade.

Love all those photos too :)

No because the tyres are higher profile so the rolling radius is the same. Only changes if you go silly big on wheels.

We have Thunders; good, strong wheels and very easy to keep clean!