Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Interest rates

Kwasi Wikipedia entry, PhD in Economic History. He is certainly making history!
Prior to becoming chancellor, apparently his main claim to fame was saying "Oh f**k" twice on university challenge when he buzzed and couldn't answer the question. I bet there are have been a few f**ks flying around the treasury in the last few days.

Expect some will now look at selling finance free Cali's to free up cash to clear a chunk on the mortgage. Switch back to van when future situation becomes clearer.

Would guess that some may have stretched themselves on finance on newer vans so may default on payment + hand Calis back. 2nd hand values likely to see a dip which is only of benefit to cash buyers as finance becomes more expensive to secure.

(Or just sell the house & live in the van!...just joking.)

WTF as per the IMF. Its because of muppets like this that the UK is a laughing stock.
I think you might have missed the point that it is a comedian, I must admit it is a bit too close to the truth to be easily spotted.

I think you might have missed the point that it is a comedian, I must admit it is a bit too close to the truth to be easily spotted.
My bad. That's what comes from multitasking at work. Still the irony is not lost.

Not sure if I'm a "lovely flower" or a "weed"?:confused:

Expect some will now look at selling finance free Cali's to free up cash to clear a chunk on the mortgage. Switch back to van when future situation becomes clearer.

Would guess that some may have stretched themselves on finance on newer vans so may default on payment + hand Calis back. 2nd hand values likely to see a dip which is only of benefit to cash buyers as finance becomes more expensive to secure.

There seems to quite a few Calis for sale in the Classified section.
On the other hand. The Cali maybe in further demand, once the realisation of cheap holidays abroad are all now but a distant memory.
Can’t see to many Brits taking to the Costa Del Lotta when the pound only gets you 80cents next summer…

On the other hand. The Cali maybe in further demand, once the realisation of cheap holidays abroad are all now but a distant memory.
Can’t see to many Brits taking to the Costa Del Lotta when the pound only gets you 80cents next summer…
Auto trader is awash with van conversions and I'm starting to see more brand-new motorhomes available immediately. Just out of interest I called a couple randomly with both dealers advising they were available due to cancelled orders so given the current financial situation we may see a buyers' market in the near future.

Interesting. We noticed this year that every VW van we saw in Euroshire was a Cali. At no pint did we ever see any of the thousands of Slammed/20"wheeled/Bling-bus conversions you see all over the place in England.

Interesting. We noticed this year that every VW van we saw in Euroshire was a Cali. At no pint did we ever see any of the thousands of Slammed/20"wheeled/Bling-bus conversions you see all over the place in England.

There’s some really ropey conversions out there. I’ve had friends buy from the usually suspects and quickly realised why the California has the status it so rightly deserves.

Still, lots of Californias for sale at present. Are we moving towards a buyers market…?

Interesting. The pound is now higher than it was pre-budget. So that means the budget was a success right?… right?

I’m sure BBC, mainstream media etc, will be full of apologies to Truss & Kwarteng tomorrow.

Interesting. The pound is now higher than it was pre-budget. So that means the budget was a success right?… right?

I’m sure BBC, mainstream media etc, will be full of apologies to Truss & Kwarteng tomorrow.

Or higher because of the BOE bail out…?

The Bank of England just spent buying £1,000 of our own debt per head of the population as a direct result of the mini budget. £65Bn !

That’s not usually the go to sign for a successful government operation.

I know y you want to believe they are a force for good @willwander but honestly there is no parallel universe in which this pair are competent.

This is a multi factorial thing.

Higher interest rates will mean fewer foreign holidays and greater needs for recreational vehicles to roam the uk

I expect camp sure prices to remain strong whatever the change.

This is a multi factorial thing.

Higher interest rates will mean fewer foreign holidays and greater needs for recreational vehicles to roam the uk

I expect camp sure prices to remain strong whatever the change.

True, but you don’t need a Cali to go camping.

I think Cali prices will drop off soon, with incentive offers from dealerships & cancelled orders becoming available for instant delivery..we shall see.

True, but you don’t need a Cali to go camping.

I think Cali prices will drop off soon, with incentive offers from dealerships & cancelled orders becoming available for instant delivery..we shall see.
Big ticket, non-essential often bought on finance. You’d think it would be tough sell right now, who knows, Cali market often defies logic.

I doubt VW will be selling many commercial vans right now with recession pretty much certain most companies will be wary of spending.