Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Interior (courtesy) lights not working.

C

Craig Rudge

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi.
New T6 Ocean, first trip out, all fantastic apart from a minor niggle that the interior lights that are controlled by the central control panel are not working at all with the selector switch in either the door activated or permanently on positions. As a relative newbie to California’s I’m wondering if there’s another master switch somewhere or their function is dependant on other conditions. I’ve visually checked (no multi-meter with me at present) all the fuses under the passenger seat, I’m not sure if any of those are the actual use.
Anything I’m missing?

image.jpg

if you've been camped up a while they stop. try turning the ignition on and then off again.

do the California step lights come on?

sounds like a fuse. how about the boot light next to the wardrobe? there's a 7.5A fuse. loz has some amazing fuse lists in the download section. sc19 does interior monitoring, reading lights, luggage light and sc20 does interior lights,glove box lights. check those too.i tried to attach a pic but it won't upload

Attachments

• Fuse-Card (1).pdf
    6.8 MB · Views: 127
sounds like a fuse. how about the boot light next to the wardrobe? there's a 7.5A fuse. loz has some amazing fuse lists in the download section. sc19 does interior monitoring, reading lights, luggage light and sc20 does interior lights,glove box lights. check those too.i tried to attach a pic but it won't upload
Thanks for that, I can see the pdf. Where do I find this fuse board? Interestingly, I’ve noticed that we can’t deactivate the “interior monitoring” function via the switch on the B-pillar, I’m guessing this isn’t possible as the system is unable to detect the that the drivers door has been opened/closed, which is part of the deactivation sequence. We’re back home for the day, so will have a look at the fuses once I know where they are.
Thanks again, and Loz for the fuse legend.

Behind the wine cooler. Under the pull out drinks holder. I think theres a couple of screws to find and undo before you can pull out the bottle holder but not done it personally

Behind the wine cooler. Under the pull out drinks holder. I think theres a couple of screws to find and undo before you can pull out the bottle holder but not done it personally
“Wine Cooler” didn’t know it had one. I take it you mean in the front centre console?

*** Resolved ***
Tested fuse SC20 (as per PDF of fuse legend in this thread) with circuit tester, found to be open circuit, blown. Fitted new fuse, all interior courtesy lights now work. Probably an issue during assembly caused a short circuit and it wasn’t picked up during PDI.

To get to this particular fuse board you just need to pull out the bottle holder/cooler by squeezing together the two lugs shown in picture attached.

Thanks for everyone’s help. Trip #2 tomorrow to Hereford, Lucksall Park.

C5E9EB26-33C4-4E8A-A1E8-C3C00A732366.jpeg