Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Interior Lights

philcod

philcod

Help!

We are in the Ardeche and the interior lights have stopped working on our new 180 Cali. I guess its a fuse but whats in the van looks nothing like the fuse arrangement - under the passenger seat - shown in the manual. But simply replacing a fuse worries as it wont address root cause! Any ideas - about a fix or about getting it fixed here in France? Any support apprreciated!

Phil & Sylv

perhaps if you rang the Volkswagen Roadside Assistance number europe 0033472435255 they'll maybe able to help over the phone, if not they'll have to come and fix it!

Hope you have a great time

Kevin

Morning there might not be too much wrong fuses can blow every now and then and when
Replaced cause no more problems. Here's hoping :thumb

Kev is right in what he says, also when you replace the fuse make sure all the lights are turned off and then turn each one on individually incase there is a fault on one of the LED's, you can then either replace it or not turn that particular light on until you are in a position to get it changed.

Thanks guys. Worked out which fuse had blown and replaced it without it blowing again - so hoping ok now. We were wondering whether condensation from the cooker could have caused a short?

Yes that's a good point :thumb glad all is ok. Where was the fuse in the end :thumb

under the passenger seat - not driver's as stated in manual - totally different layoutso just went through them - very fiddly and had to find an extractor from the main cab fuse box. Sorry to be boring but thought this might help others in any search for fuses!!

The mismatch between the fuses in the actual vehicle and the manual is huge - and variable so it seems.

I think I read on some post somewhere in the universe that the VW Van people are able to print out the layout for a particular Cali - which would be very helpful indeed. Is this true? Anybody had oit done?

just in case people think we're a bit sad making these posts while away - we're actually sitting in the Ardeche watching the rain!!! :crazy Sure to be back to sun tomo!! :D

Over and out!!

Looks like you aren't too far away from us then Phil. We've had rain since Sunday night. Currently in Caprentras, all being well a little jaunt up Mt Ventoux tomorrow before heading over towards Nimes / Montelimar way.

The weather looks to be better near the coast.

Barry, yes, speak to your van centre and they can do a print out for you. I have one for mine.....

Back