Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Intermittent error start stop

Neilos

Neilos

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi folks, I’ve just had a start stop error come up
On the dash. The coil flashes and the MFD says ‘start stop error’. This has happened a few weeks ago only once. And not since until now. On restarting the car it’s gone.

I’ll get it into the dealer as it’s still under warranty, but We plan to drove down to France on Sunday.

Should I be worried? Should I call VW assist? I don’t want them to take to the garage and end up not having the vehicle obviously. I’m inclined to just ignore it and get it booked in after we get back.

As long as it doesn’t stop the van running. That’s my main concern! Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call VW assist. I had that error recently and it was the DPF pressure sensor. Unfortunately it had to go to the garage but was safe to drive.

They advised a lot of issues would cause the 'start stop error' so could be something else.

Do you have a means to read the error codes? It may give you a more detailed insight. VW assist is well worth using though very good.

Do you have a means to read the error codes? It may give you a more detailed insight. VW assist is well worth using though very good.

Thanks, no I don’t have a code reader. I keep thinking about getting one though. Maybe I’ll call VW assist and see what they say.

I've had this, this last couple of weeks, got VAG-Com on it and found no errors, Its happend twice, noticed this week I stopped the car as it was about to do a regen, it hadnt got into its cycle as it didnt carry on when I turned the ignition off, next morning I had the error and it re-gened on the way to work and carried on when I left the car. Went back later all ok. No idea really whether its supposed to happen or not, just keep an eye out see if it happens again.

Hi folks, I’ve just had a start stop error come up
On the dash. The coil flashes and the MFD says ‘start stop error’. This has happened a few weeks ago only once. And not since until now. On restarting the car it’s gone.

I’ll get it into the dealer as it’s still under warranty, but We plan to drove down to France on Sunday.

Should I be worried? Should I call VW assist? I don’t want them to take to the garage and end up not having the vehicle obviously. I’m inclined to just ignore it and get it booked in after we get back.

As long as it doesn’t stop the van running. That’s my main concern! Cheers.

VW Assist covers Europe as well.

I've had this, this last couple of weeks, got VAG-Com on it and found no errors, Its happend twice, noticed this week I stopped the car as it was about to do a regen, it hadnt got into its cycle as it didnt carry on when I turned the ignition off, next morning I had the error and it re-gened on the way to work and carried on when I left the car. Went back later all ok. No idea really whether its supposed to happen or not, just keep an eye out see if it happens again.
Update on this, had this again yesterday, photos attached, doesnt appear to affect the car running other than the steering wheel controls no longer function and the display will not go to a different screen, would really like to know why this happens, I'll get a VAG com on it later but last time it didnt show any error/faults but that may be my inabilty to interogate it properly..

IMG_1525[1].JPG.png

IMG_1538[1].JPG.png

Back