Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Introducing Frieda

HarryW

HarryW

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello Everyone,

We took the keys for Frieda last week Saturday and went out for our first night camping last night. We stayed at the Laneside caravan park in Hope, Derbyshire. She treated us wonderfully and was a fantastic experience. We are looking so forward to all our future trips.

She is a T6 beach, relatively simple but that is how we like her! 2.0 TDI manual (150PS).

20171007_134856.jpg

This forum has already given us so much and we are going to hopefully become regulars! Decided to buy nothing in advance and are going to learn as we go, so not to crowd her space.

AC cable bought and a floor mat, things we are adding after this first trip out: front carpets, seeing how wet it was yesterday a groundsheet is on the list, dustpan, some lights for the canopy, some extendable cleaning device for drying the awning. Going to go through the forum and see all the suggestions!

20171007_190400.jpg

PS: As South African's living in the UK, expect many of our pictures to have a braai (BBQ) going, whatever the weather!

Welcome and congrats on your new Cali .

Hi - welcome .... what Braai do you use

It is a relatively cheap charcoal one from b&q (can't seem to find the link). The legs come off and can be stored in the body of the bbq, it clips together and closes into a carry case. We use it normally for taking to nearby parks , but did a good job in the Cali!!

Welcome our BBQ/braai brothers and sisters, a couple of yanks here so we totally understand all the BBQ pics. Trying to plan out how to bring my smoker with us. And yes BBQ is year round not just a summer thing :thumb

Welcome Frida and HarryW!
I guess it doesn‘t matter where we‘re from: BBQ is always a great start for everyone in any weather condition!
Enjoy!

Welcome guys. Got our Beach in May and never looked back. I can't believe how many new places we now get to visit.

I love the idea of going with a blank canvas and noting all the things you need first. Absolutely swear by our Cadac Braai which we’ve had for years! I’d recommend a pizza stone for it. Our braai would be the first thing we’ll load on when we get our Cali.

I love the idea of going with a blank canvas and noting all the things you need first. Absolutely swear by our Cadac Braai which we’ve had for years! I’d recommend a pizza stone for it. Our braai would be the first thing we’ll load on when we get our Cali.

I was thinking about how to do pizza's, we home make pizza every friday night, now with the cali was wondering how we could do it. Great idea.