Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Introducing...Daisy and Candy

Ben Nevis

Ben Nevis

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Although excited about our imminent (Wednesday) new arrival we thought we should share (and hopefully start a discussion on old v new) that we are also a little sad to be comitting our 15 year old (still a spring chicken in T4 years) LWB pop top to a period of sorn!

Since ordering the Cali we have been told our T4 is apparently quite rare and very desireable as it has virtually no electronics and apart from the original paintwork, that has now lost its shine and is really ready for a respray, she drives as good now as when she was new.

So, the big question on our mind now is, what shall we do with the trusty old T4 which some say is actually going to appreciate over the next few years. We're really struggling to convince ourselves about whether it's a good idea to part with her right now or not...? Will we miss the extra length and trade in for another LWB...?? What would you guys do with her......???

You could sell her to me I would look after her

Although excited about our imminent (Wednesday) new arrival we thought we should share (and hopefully start a discussion on old v new) that we are also a little sad to be comitting our 15 year old (still a spring chicken in T4 years) LWB pop top to a period of sorn!

Since ordering the Cali we have been told our T4 is apparently quite rare and very desireable as it has virtually no electronics and apart from the original paintwork, that has now lost its shine and is really ready for a respray, she drives as good now as when she was new.

So, the big question on our mind now is, what shall we do with the trusty old T4 which some say is actually going to appreciate over the next few years. We're really struggling to convince ourselves about whether it's a good idea to part with her right now or not...? Will we miss the extra length and trade in for another LWB...?? What would you guys do with her......???
Can you store her properly, in dry warm conditions? Or will it be on the drive.?
If the latter then , I personally, would be actively considering a sale.

I've seen plenty of SWB conversions and Californias in multi-story car parks - LWB not yet.

If in doubt keep her.
I reluctantly sold my VR6 Highline in purple violet with blackberry leather interior when I took delivery of a new car and I bitterly regret it. Especially as the idiot who bought it wrecked it :(

You could sell her to me I would look after her
Can you store her properly, in dry warm conditions? Or will it be on the drive.?
If the latter then , I personally, would be actively considering a sale.

I've seen plenty of SWB conversions and Californias in multi-story car parks - LWB not yet.

Selling her is probably the most practical
If in doubt keep her.
I reluctantly sold my VR6 Highline in purple violet with blackberry leather interior when I took delivery of a new car and I bitterly regret it. Especially as the idiot who bought it wrecked it :(

Yes, I think we will keep her at least until we have settled in with the T6. I also have a feeling she may actually last longer than the new ones..... apart from service items, the only thing that has ever had to be fixed in 15 years was the clutch pedal braket when she was 12....

Just noticed that I seem to have deleted the opening paragraph of our intro which should have read....

Hi all,

After several months of research (initially considering another LWB conversion) and reading the experience of others on this excellent informative forum, we ordered our new Cali at the end of March with an estimated delivery of 18-20 weeks.