Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Introduction

jamesrawlings

jamesrawlings

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi folks, thanks for welcoming me to the site. Been using the forum for a while now for this and advice so thought it only polite I join and introduce myself.

Long term Leicester based VW owner, 30+ years of Golfs, Corrados, T5’s, T5.1’s, Caddys and more. Took the plunge last week and got a 2007 T5 Cali 180 4 motion from a used car dealer with 82k on the clock. It had (almost) every option you could get including an automatic side door!

Sites been invaluable as had a few little shall we call them ‘niggles’ to sort thus far including:

- new led lamps in rear (old owner had removed them all)
- new led bendi-light in pop top
- new tap and water pump
- 2 new leisure batteries installed
- wardrobe and rear bendy blinds replaced

I’m an electrician by trade and again through the forum discovered mine doesn’t have an inverter on the mains hook-up on the old euro c type outlet so replaced it today for a C line British 13amp socket outlet and a normal 12v outlet. Surprisingly the kit I got fitted the existing socket plate and rear box.quite straightforward other than having to make the hole for the 12v one slightly bigger. Pics attached.

It’s been in once for black smoke out of the exhaust on acceleration (broken big intercooler pipe n/s) but still doing it so in again next week. Fortunately one of my mates is the manager at my local CW independent, next points of call will be check other intercooler pipes, the intercooler and the exhaust manifold. Fortunately the seller is picking up the costs for all of the above even though it didn’t do that when he tested it obviously

I’m afraid I went with my heart over my head as always wanted one, but it’ll get there! I find it’s very logical to work on and you can tell it was a factory build.

So once again thanks for all your knowledge and look forward to being part of the team!

IMG_1223.jpeg

IMG_1224.jpeg