Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ireland: Campsite near Rosslare?

Larkrise

Larkrise

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We are back in Ireland next week and disappointed to see that the St Margaret's Bay site has closed (it was so great for Rosslare). Does anyone have a recommendation for a site within 30 mins of the ferry terminal at Rosslare?

For a small charge, it is possible to park overnight, at Rosslare ferry terminal. There is a pub nearby, which serves food also, plus basic facilities at the ferry terminal itself. There's always a couple of MOHOs parked there, any time I pass thru.

For a small charge, it is possible to park overnight, at Rosslare ferry terminal. There is a pub nearby, which serves food also, plus basic facilities at the ferry terminal itself. There's always a couple of MOHOs parked there, any time I pass thru.
Thanks for that tip Jonathan...will check it out...

I've been advised that the overnight, pay & display rate, at Rosslare Harbour is 5 euro. There's a Hotel nearby, which serves food etc..... Lots of VW Campers use this car-park, I've been told.

Adding to this in light of experience: we did not see MH parking at harbour, but generally prefer a site anyway. St Margaret's said they would find a space for us, and did but it is really not that good anymore- they have filled up the touring pitches with statics and left a small grass area for any tents, camper vans etc so although facilities are good the ambiance is not (€20). On the way back we stayed at Carne Beach which is also very near Rosslare - there is a lovely big field for tourers but facilities were quite weird, broken glass on paths and several hundred statics to drive through to find the field. And this was the most expensive site in our whole month away, €27. So next time in Ireland we will still be looking for a better solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk