Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ireland or France

Firstly as a newbie I’m not sure if I’m posting in the right place.
I’m in a dilemma?…….
Ireland or France ..14 degrees and rain or 21 degrees and sunshine?
Have a week booked off next week and planned to head to Galway and do 6 days south on the Atlantic highway, booked the ferry for Sunday morning….so excited to have the first full week away since buying our Cali last year.
The weather forecast over the last few days has changed for Ireland from relatively dry with a fair amount of sunshine to pretty much soggy every day next week!!
So we are thinking we could take the ferry to Cherbourg and spend the time driving down to La Rochelle? So would appreciate any tips on which route to take ? I had a loosely planned itinerary for Ireland but have idea of the best route for France.
Just back from 2 weeks on the southwest peninsulas of Ireland. The only thing guaranteed about the weather is the forecast was consistently wrong, even the next day forecast was way out. We had pretty good weather, often 17/18/19 degrees and a fair bit of sun with only a few hours of daytime rain over the 2 weeks. Lovely place, that said, if it’s heat you want, France is a better bet.

Just back from 2 weeks on the southwest peninsulas of Ireland. The only thing guaranteed about the weather is the forecast was consistently wrong, even the next day forecast was way out. We had pretty good weather, often 17/18/19 degrees and a fair bit of sun with only a few hours of daytime rain over the 2 weeks. Lovely place, that said, if it’s heat you want, France is a better bet.

Thank you Ewanc for your comments, I am so glad we stuck with Ireland, despite the fact that it’s raining right now in Doolin the last 2 days have Been nothing short of amazing. I have done a fair bit of travelling in my time but the Wild Atlantic Way is something special.
The weather has been pretty good despite the crap forecast from all websites, we headed
for Clifden in Connemara and stayed at the Eco site that was incredible, a beach side location with white sands that would. Be hard to find in the Caribbean , the location is like no other site. Today we followed the Wild Atlantic Way down through Galway to Doolin, we’re staying at Naglez site at Doolin pier it’s the best organised site I’ve ever come across.
Tonight we walked ten minutes to Doolin village to enjoy Guinness. Great seafood and live Music….what a night ! Ahead of us we have the South to travel and enjoy so will keep you posted

Just returned home to Wales, had a great week away with not much rain but plenty of windy days.
Overall it has been amazing so happy that we stuck with our plan for Ireland.
It is the most perfect place to enjoy the Cali, the driving was long at times and the roads sometimes narrow so wouldn’t have wanted to driving anything bigger.
We Completed around 600 miles of the Wild Atlantic Way starting at Clifden and finishing down on Valentia Island.
Some amazing Coastal loops with breathtaking scenery. Some of the highlights listed below.
Omey Island ( Clifden Eco site)
Dogs Bay beach
The Burren
Cliffs of Moher
Doolin. ( Nagles Camp site)
Dingle ( St Mary’s Chuch car park )
Slea Head Drive and the Blaskets
Valentia island ( knights town camp site)
One of the most beautiful drives in the south is the section of the Ring of Kerry from Portmagee to Kenmore the views are just amazing with one or two beaches that are like the Caribbean.
Hope this will help more campers looking to take the route.
Also should add the food and drink was as good as you would expect☘️

Will post some photos and highlights of the trip.5988711C-54D6-4451-B44B-630A4F5D2A7E.jpeg77CC0B4A-546D-425A-ADEA-B42987E102C0.jpeg53ED6D77-808E-4406-9141-498357506E1D.jpeg9D83411C-1DC9-4993-8AB4-C6E2D4FF5E84.jpeg8098D4C5-16ED-45C9-ADBF-71AF802FB2A4.jpegC173BDDA-E6A7-4FE0-9A13-871967EC0234.jpeg

CC9D2D8A-1D20-4DBC-BE84-E52BB4AE46F5.jpeg

Back