Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is it a Dab Aerial

D

Dalboy

VIP Member
Hopefully an easy one to answer, but just out of curiosity what is the black rubber bit on some cali roofs (the front deflector part) I'm guessing a dab aerial although I thought when fitted these were in the wing mirrors

You could be right Martin but again I thought that also was in the wing mirror ?

Definitely NOT factory fit DAB aerial.

This is what I'm talking about little rubber block

That's covering the screw that holds on the front roof panel. A new design by vw for when it gets corrosion. Now its a 10 minute job to replace instead of 2 weeks.

Ohhhhhh cheers Vale, I was thinking it may be a way of improving my crappy radio signal (not Dab). all well thank you for clearing that up

That's covering the screw that holds on the front roof panel. A new design by vw for when it gets corrosion. Now its a 10 minute job to replace instead of 2 weeks.

LOL ;) (Am I too old to be writing LOL?)

It's the original GPS/Terephone Antenna... Sometimes called the roof combination antenna.

Part number: 7H0 035 507 (E)

Was an option on the earlier models, not sure about the more recent ones.

Last edited:
Never seen that , so if underneeth that rubber sits a screw that allows to remove the front roof spoiler your Cali is no longer safe by just locking the doors , just unscrew panel and your in....
Sounds not very well ....

Back