Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is it worth getting the brake light done.

G

G-A-R-Y

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Visited the dealer parts today and asked service are there any recalls on my GC680 2023.

He said, step software and cleaning, it works fine and I removed brush bar and did this so no worries there.

Third brake light renew and seal. It's not leaking, should I wait until service time or does it cause damage?

I discovered very slight surface delamination inside the rear cupboards in my 2021 GC600 which I suspected was due to leaking brake light. It wasn’t easy to spot and nothing was visible on the outside rear of the cupboards.

By the time I got it booked in a month or so later for them to check, a significant quantity of water was leaking down the door pillar in to the front cup holders and had starting showing staining on the front upper bed base plywood.

When the dealer took the cupboard out to do the upgraded brake light sealing, the cupboard had more serious lamination that was hidden when fitted and would have got much worse had it been left. It is impossible to say what other hidden damage is still there in other areas so I’ll be keeping an eye out in case I need to get it fixed before warranty runs out.

On this basis, personally I wouldn't take the chance and would get it done asap.

Visited the dealer parts today and asked service are there any recalls on my GC680 2023.

He said, step software and cleaning, it works fine and I removed brush bar and did this so no worries there.

Third brake light renew and seal. It's not leaking, should I wait until service time or does it cause damage?
You should get the step software updated. It’s not just a sticker to tell you to keep it clean.
The rear brake light will leak at some point I’m sure. Wide spread issue on all crafters.
My advice would be get it done.

Can't do it until mid June, that's a long wait. Why such poor service.

Get the brake light sorted now. When it does go...and it will!...then it will probably fail MOT and you could get pulled up for defective brake light.

I got told there was no recall for brake light on mine when I asked a couple of weeks ago. I will check again when it’s in for check in May. Been waiting for a new step and sink for 9 months now. It’s also months for an appointment. Shame they closed the other VW van centre a few years back. Think only one for the SW of Scotland is not enough.

Get the brake light sorted now. When it does go...and it will!...then it will probably fail MOT and you could get pulled up for defective brake light.
This is an issue with the high level brake light seal allowing water into the grand California. Not heard of the actual brake light fail as yet.

Back