Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is the Grand California a campervan or motorhome?

Yes, and the motorhome had 365 days continuous. I think maybe Comfort are the same, but it depends upon the underwriter.

You can still stay in Europe for longer than 90 days without a visa, just not Schengen, so it’s still useful for me, possibly with a green card.
Have read the Gov. Info on post Jan 1st?

Have read the Gov. Info on post Jan 1st?
Yes. You can go to any non Schengen country, you don’t have to return to the UK, you just have to be out of the Schengen Zone.

Yes. You can go to any non Schengen country, you don’t have to return to the UK, you just have to be out of the Schengen Zone.
So 26 EU Countries that you can't go to.

I always liked the phrase “camping car” that you see on French websites.
I see the Cali as a campervan but I’ve never wanted to poo in it. Most of my children have though! There was one summer in Prunay when that was all they seemed to do in it.
A bit of me died when I bought us an emergency Portapotti this year.

Safeguard have separate insurance policies for motorhomes and campervans. The motorhome policy has 365 day European cover and higher contents value cover, their Campervan policy only has 90 days European cover. My Cali ocean is therefore insured under their motorhome policy.
With LV mine goes under the category of Motor Caravan and has 180 days EU cover per year.

I think a campervan is anything where the van body has no additions ie. a California is a transporter, a grand Cali is a Crafter. Motorhomes are flatbed vans with the addition of a caravan like shell which sits on top of the flatbed and makes up the living accommodation.

I think a campervan is anything where the van body has no additions ie. a California is a transporter, a grand Cali is a Crafter. Motorhomes are flatbed vans with the addition of a caravan like shell which sits on top of the flatbed and makes up the living accommodation.
I agree, Vw Crafter van turned into a camper is a Campervan. A Hymer is a
motorhome.
Well thats the way i see it but insurance companies and ferry operators could have a
different view.

Is there a definitive definition of a campervan and motorhome or is there a grey area where they merge and can be classed as either? Some insurance sites have different links for motorhome and campervan insurance and I don't know which to use.
My Cali says Motorhome in log book

Well I used to live in Cheshire a long time ago and would take out children to see the lights...if on the other hand you mean football then no. Or maybe I’m missing something!
No worries, It was footy related

Back