Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is this a good GC600 deal?

I know what you mean about dealers, although I purchased a Hymer I'm a three hour drive from the dealer. Buying a VW has it's advantages with its network.
However I took the view that as I'd purchased a campervan I could always work around this with a stop over. More importantly I do have a Mercedes commercial dealer close by.
I must say I've been impressed with the build quality of the Hymer and love the Mercedes base vehicle, superb quality all round.
Would of seriously considered the 'Free' but wasn't available when I purchased mine, although the RWD of the 'S' has it's advantages and by the time you've added a few desirable extras you soon get close to the 'S' model price.
As far a depreciation is concerned, I plan to keep the vehicle for a long time ( hence decision to buy Mercedes and not Fiat) and live for today and worry about depreciation tomorrow.
It's a big outlay, and later this month I'm having lithium batteries fitted at over 3k but I don't regret it for a moment.
All the best.
I’m probably just holding until the cybertruck, cyber camper, ID BUZZ or whatever comes along. Wife would just keep the cali but I want the floor space.
your van sounds great and on paper it’s far superior to GC.
Totally take your point about making hymer service a trip... but roseisle were truely repulsive (just like in 2018 when I viewed their westfalia kepler) so north England is next stop? The other hymer services in Scotland are retiring. Just feels too far to go that far for service and then be homeless for a day or two.

Scrap that, it looks like they stopped making them although
the ones that i've seen lately look mint, like new. Probably why they
stopped making them. They were too good :)
I would have a modernised one for sure.

Looks like a pretty good deal to me,

As someone who has a a few Ducato based motorhomes, now a Knaus Boxdrive, the crafter is miles ahead of the Fiat, drives so much better. You pay more for the Crafter but it is worth it

Couldn’t touch a ducato. I’m expecting the crafter to drive similar to the T6 base.
As someone who has a a few Ducato based motorhomes, now a Knaus Boxdrive, the crafter is miles ahead of the Fiat, drives so much better. You pay more for the Crafter but it is worth it
I really like your boxdrive. Don’t suppose you know whether a pop top version is coming? Can’t see anything online.

Couldn’t touch a ducato. I’m expecting the crafter to drive similar to the T6 base.

I really like your boxdrive. Don’t suppose you know whether a pop top version is coming? Can’t see anything online.

I don’t think they do yet. If they did, I would have specified it, having the option of 4 berth is what’s missing for the Boxdrive. I specified the additional bed to make it 3 berth, but it’s a faff and takes too much space.

Really? £56k for a 69 plate 150 manual is pretty good IMHO. It would have to be specc’d to the eyeballs to beat that, and even then I doubt any extra achieved would be worth the effort.
Sorry I read the 52k

they said it can't be fitted there. I was going to get the solar wireless on amazon unless you suggest otherwise.
wife won't drive/park it unless I find a solution...
Really!?...any dealership should be able to organise this...often through a third party. I negotiated it into my offer when I bought my 680

Really!?...any dealership should be able to organise this...often through a third party. I negotiated it into my offer when I bought my 680
Told me it was factory fit. (This is an ex demo). I’ll ask

Told me it was factory fit. (This is an ex demo). I’ll ask
need advice folks

this van is coming from NI, to Aberdeen on transporter. good trade in price. 13k upgrade, sell my bike rack and extras separate brings it down to about 11k.
67k sticker price, 15k+ off config price. under 1k mileage

it isn't worth 82k. comparing to Adria, Hymer, Westfalia. but 67k...
can't (won't) fit reversing camera at dealer

anyway, real Q is:

it comes with EU plugs in the living area. all 5 of them?!? dealer says he can't change it. it is RHD. do you think that will be really bad for resale? I'm expecting to sell in 2-3 yrs. hopefully for 50-55k...
could a sparky change them over? can I even buy the parts?

Sockets are easy enough to swap on a regular Cali so assume not beyond the skills of any motorhome dealer / repairer.

Check the warranty is 3 years, not 2. (should be 3 if NI).

need advice folks

this van is coming from NI, to Aberdeen on transporter. good trade in price. 13k upgrade, sell my bike rack and extras separate brings it down to about 11k.
67k sticker price, 15k+ off config price. under 1k mileage

it isn't worth 82k. comparing to Adria, Hymer, Westfalia. but 67k...
can't (won't) fit reversing camera at dealer

anyway, real Q is:

it comes with EU plugs in the living area. all 5 of them?!? dealer says he can't change it. it is RHD. do you think that will be really bad for resale? I'm expecting to sell in 2-3 yrs. hopefully for 50-55k...
could a sparky change them over? can I even buy the parts?

I seem to remember seeing, (might be california Chris) putting adapters into in early T6.1 ocean - it had the black European recessed sockets & the adapters just made them into black flush UK sockets. Found it - about 5min 40sec

You may want to check but depending when registration took place the GC had an offer on ie 4years warranty, 4 service’s and 4 years road side recovery.

Sockets are easy enough to swap on a regular Cali so assume not beyond the skills of any motorhome dealer / repairer.

Check the warranty is 3 years, not 2. (should be 3 if NI).

Just in case you are not aware, if you go to VW website & try & by a service plan online it will tell you if there is already one in place, just put in the registration number.

I seem to remember seeing, (might be california Chris) putting adapters into in early T6.1 ocean - it had the black European recessed sockets & the adapters just made them into black flush UK sockets. Found it - about 5min 40sec
My first order 600 came in with euro sockets, so rejected it then waited 5 months for the new one as it was caught in lockdown last year. be interested to know the coulor combo this 600 is.

My first order 600 came in with euro sockets, so rejected it then waited 5 months for the new one as it was caught in lockdown last year. be interested to know the coulor combo this 600 is.
Mojave and white

Did you get chance to check the 4 year warranty stuff?
Still waiting for reply. He did say it was one of the first in U.K. so I’m guessing I’ll only get 2 years warranty?

He’s also saying VW are about to launch an extended warranty and service plan for older vehicles. Told me name of it and official docs say due to launch in May....

Still waiting for reply. He did say it was one of the first in U.K. so I’m guessing I’ll only get 2 years warranty?
If it was my original it was the very first in the Uk it came in very early January 2020 should have a removable tow bar and black awning.

Just in case you are not aware, if you go to VW website & try & by a service plan online it will tell you if there is already one in place, just put in the registration number.
Tried that but came up with error
Did you get chance to check the 4 year warranty stuff?
Reg on 17/03/20, he says warranty expires in 2023

12FE7104-682B-4175-B579-68D0BABBE84F.jpeg
I’ve attached the v5, MPV? Mass in service over 3.05T means 50/60/70? I’ll post answer in the speed limit thread too

M1 MPV means over £500/yr tax ?

You are ok for the speed limits as mass in service includes 75kg for driver & 90% fuel = say 60kg the unladed weight used for speed limits does not include those 2 figures.

If it was a 3 year warranty a year ago then you are too late for a factory extended warranty to 5 years (if they are allowed for a GC).

@Matty
I’ll try to get an “official VWcaliforniaclub advert” up this afternoon....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back