Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ISO-TOP MK IV for VW California T5 2005 model

T

T5 Campfan

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi. I have a California T5 2005 model , and I want to order a Iso top for it:

ISO-TOP MK IV

But from what I now understand the roof is a bit different on the 2005 Cali than newer models, a bit higher or something.

I then wonder, are there someone here that have experience with own custom adjustments to make it fit the 2005 Cali ?
I was thinking maybe go for the part nr: 100 701 066.
Or maybe someone have other models from Brandrup to recommend.

I am super interested to hear about experiences with the ISO-TOP MK IV on the 2005 model.
What you recommend and experiences over time .
Thanks a lot

I'm not sure if 'different roof' on early T5s is accurate or not. I've bought the mkIV for my 2006 (not fitted yet). The part number and the packaging say fits t5/t6 SE's Oceans and makes no mention of a range of dates from which it fits.
If anyone says different, I'd like them to include where they got their info from as I too had "read in on here".

2006 to 2008 do have different height roofs to later T5's and T5.1's

I'm not sure if 'different roof' on early T5s is accurate or not. I've bought the mkIV for my 2006 (not fitted yet). The part number and the packaging say fits t5/t6 SE's Oceans and makes no mention of a range of dates from which it fits.
If anyone says different, I'd like them to include where they got their info from as I too had "read in on here".
Before 2006 the roofs were slightly different, they had out of skew
windows in the bellows like the pic below.
Not only were the windows different but the height of the extended roof
was too.
Mine is june 06 and dropped off the production line end of april 06.
It could be that some Jan- March 06 ones are the older ones and not
the superior one like i have. vw-t5-california-bj-2003-10-2009-ruecksitzbezug-zweierbank.jpg

Ohh thank you all so much for info..super helpful this,
from my research, maybe I got wrong info, but what I have found is that the 2005 and 2006 have a different roof.
Here link to the external roof insulation, just to clear up since sometimes bad confusing English from me, I am after the internal one but this one kind of explain its difference in 2005 and 2006 see text under description about 2005 and 2006. But still, maybe I am wrong about this, I also earlier today found and posted in a thread about the same. IS THE BRANDRUP ISO-TOP ROOF INSULATION WORTH HAVING? So after reading that one it cleared up a bit, the thread starter has done som custom adjustment fitting to the 2005 model (read down in the thread).

Since quite expensive this one I just want to be sure before maybe order one, so I hoped for even more info. If its not wide enough,, then hard to fit..but if its a bit to narrow in the hight..than maybe ok to fit. From I now know I think I have to move some of the fixing tabs ref thread linked.
---------
MattBW, thanks for the advice, I have already asked them, they say it won't fit. If order, it's on my own risk.
2into1, thanks for info, agree about this, quite confusing this, but maybe you have new version of roof? I hope you anyway make it fit. If I order I then order the same as you did.
westfalia, thanks for info, picture looks similar to mine I think.
----
here some pictures of my roof look:
1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg

from my research, maybe I got wrong info, but what I have found is that the 2005 and 2006 have a different roof.
Here link to the external roof insulation, just to clear up since sometimes bad confusing English from me, I am after the internal one but this one kind of explain its difference in 2005 and 2006 see text under description about 2005 and 2006. But still, maybe I am wrong about this, I also earlier today found and posted in a thread about the same. IS THE BRANDRUP ISO-TOP ROOF INSULATION WORTH HAVING? So after reading that one it cleared up a bit, the thread starter has done som custom adjustment fitting to the 2005 model (read down in the thread).

Since quite expensive this one I just want to be sure before maybe order one, so I hoped for even more info. If its not wide enough,, then hard to fit..but if its a bit to narrow in the hight..than maybe ok to fit. From I now know I think I have to move some of the fixing tabs ref thread linked.
---------
MattBW, thanks for the advice, I have already asked them, they say it won't fit. If order, it's on my own risk.
2into1, thanks for info, agree about this, quite confusing this, but maybe you have new version of roof? I hope you anyway make it fit. If I order I then order the same as you did.
----
View attachment 55218

View attachment 55219
View attachment 55220
Have you thought about making one
here's a thread

---------
----
View attachment 55218

View attachment 55219
View attachment 55220

Contact Brandrup directly, they must have made one for that roof.

Interesting posts. I wonder if @calikev can explain more about his confident statement?
The Cali did get an engine change in 2006 (to the Bnz in my case). I wonder if that coincided with the change of canvas. I'll get me roof up to check at the next opportunity... From memory, I've got the regular / later windows.

What the posts have shown so far is that the windows positioned changed (important with a topper internal or external)... So the canvas changed... But we've not heard if the heights and angles changed.

Hi. I have a California T5 2005 model , and I want to order a Iso top for it:

ISO-TOP MK IV

But from what I now understand the roof is a bit different on the 2005 Cali than newer models, a bit higher or something.

I then wonder, are there someone here that have experience with own custom adjustments to make it fit the 2005 Cali ?
I was thinking maybe go for the part nr: 100 701 066.
Or maybe someone have other models from Brandrup to recommend.

I am super interested to hear about experiences with the ISO-TOP MK IV on the 2005 model.
What you recommend and experiences over time .
Thanks a lot

If this is any help to you, I have an original mk1 isotop available. It’s the dark blue goretex version that I had fitted to my 2007 California SE It’s in perfect condition with no rips etc.... it would need a new fitting kit though (which is mainly double sided Velcro for the perimeter of the inside of the roof) available I would imagine from the club shop.

9D4293C7-CDC1-4ED4-BC38-81CB8CD36EB5.jpeg

62A9308D-D342-4328-BDBF-90E4C57D6D5F.jpeg

Mine is june 06 and dropped off the production line end of april 06.
It could be that some Jan- March 06 ones are the older ones and not
the superior one like i have.
Does yours have a dpf?....just wondering if the regular windows came with the change of engines that brought in the dpfs.

This is in the shed waiting for the weather to warm up (for the velcro). It makes no mention of any model age restrictions.
IMG_20200212_145836.jpgIMG_20200212_145829.jpg

(BTW I also have a brandrup flyout also waiting and that does list date restrictions).

This is in the shed waiting for the weather to warm up (for the velcro). It makes no mention of any model age restrictions.
View attachment 55236View attachment 55237

(BTW I also have a brandrup flyout also waiting and that does list date restrictions).
Thanks a lot for the information 2into1. I am not sure about the 2006 model, but quite sure 2005 is different, but for sure not 100% sure, again as said the shop told me the iso top will not fit my Cali. But I am optimistic, as told found another thread about it and fond one another done some own custom adjustments. Probably it is in the same length and same with. I have now sent a message to Brandrup and asked them about this. If I get some useful information I will keep you informed here. Anyway, I think I will take the chance and order one, and then order the same model as you ordered. If need to do some adjustment maybe make it a bit higher, and maybe move some attach zones, I may do it in a pro sewing workshop. Again hope your 2006 model is the newer model roof. Super thanks for useful help :)

Again hope your 2006 model is the newer model roof.
I found a photo of my roof which appears to have the regular horizontal (not wonky) windows.
Hope you get some clarity from Brandrup! IMG_20190923_153508.jpg

Back