Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

iso-top

B

bandit

Hi everyone

can anyone tell how good the brandrup iso-top is and is it worth the money

thanks nigel from west sussex

Hi Nigel

We have the iso-top and find it really makes a big difference to the warmth upstairs. It is fiddly to fit the first time and in fact looks like it does not fit properly but the first time you use it on a cold night you realise it does what it is supposed to. So in answer to your question, yes it is very good and yes it is worth the money (in my opinion). I also have a Vanorak and have used both together and both independently, the iso-top is definitely warmer. We do like the vanorak though as it keeps the canvas dry meaning we do not have to put it away wet. When both are used together it is really quite cosy even in minus temperatures.

If you're doing one night stands while touring the Iso-top is definitely better than the Vanorak because you don't have the chore of putting the Vanorak on when you arrive and taking it down before you leave (even more a chore in windy rain). Of course if you're not a lazy dog like me (and taller than my 5'5") this might not bother you at all.

I've used the Vanorak in atrocious weather and it is as solid as a rock (I don't have an awning so had a couple of extra clips added). The Iso=top has only been used in cold weather (-2 to 3oC overnight and 5-9oC daytime - Arran last week) and it's only been in the odd shower so I've yet to store the roof away wet. So we'll see about that. Having looked at it closely now it's fitted and been up and down a few times I think I'm confident it will work like it says.

My younger son, his partner and 2yrold like the Iso-top for convenience but think the Vanorak is warmer in cold weather.

The Iso-top is bloody expensive though - although between 5-10% off can be routinely got from Van Centres (if they won't give it go elsewhere). Twice as much as the Vrak.

I think I'd go for the Iso-top. The convenience has it. And I'm old ...

Hope this helps and good luck with the van.

I agree with Barry. The vanork is ok to put on when it's dry and calm bloody
Nightmare in wind and rain which is when you are most likely to need it.

I went with the Iso top for convenience, as it's there all the time when you need it without having to carry 'another' item in the van.

It does make things a lot warmer & less drafty, also darker with the thing zipped right up, which helps our 3yr old sleep with the light nights we are having now as she is used to blackout curtains at home :roll:

As already stated VW parts should do a discount off retail if you ask nicely, they did for us

Back