Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Problem Fitting Front Velcro Tabs on Iso-Top MK4

Damon18

Damon18

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi everybody,
I’m having a real problem trying to fit the Front Velcro Tabs for my newly bought Brandrup Iso-Top.
I’ve pushed, shoved, wiggled, and even tried a credit card to help slid them in, but all to no avail.
Has anybody got any suggestions

Was'nt there a video on "how to..." posted here on the forum for the iso top fitting?

Was'nt there a video on "how to..." posted here on the forum for the iso top fitting?
Thank you for your reply.
I'd already looked at various "You Tube" videos , including one from the club, but it was for a Beach (manual pop-up roof) and it's velcro tabs are bigger and screwed into place (the French "Coast" has the same electrohydraulic pop-up roof as an "Ocean").
The German language videos just show the tabs being easily pushed into place, something which is impossible in mine.

Credit card worked for me, with a bit of a wiggle.

I bought this for a tenner on amazon. Brilliant. Also for the second skin seat covers I fitted

neilsen CT2287 Car Trim Removal and Moulding Set, Red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought this for a tenner on amazon. Brilliant. Also for the second skin seat covers I fitted

neilsen CT2287 Car Trim Removal and Moulding Set, Red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks,
Had a look on Amazon, looks interesting, and at that price its worth giving it a go..

I thought this part was deceptively simple. I just got the hard part of the tab- measured to the middle part and lined it up. Once lined up I put both thumbs on the mid corners and sharply pushed up into place.

It was a good fit and the direction of the Velcro holds it firmly in place to then connect the hanging tabs to the actual liner.

Just checking. You do have the electro/hydraulic roof?

If you have any laminated paper or even new £10 notes, the tab needs to be between two slippy layers, then pull one layer out.

Thanks,
Had a look on Amazon, looks interesting, and at that price its worth giving it a go..
Also found one of these kits pretty much essential. Off Ebay though not amazon.

Hurray, the Tabs are in place.
Thanks to everybody for their suggestions, which I hope will benefit other members in the same situation as me, all will work depending on the gap between the 2 headlining sections.

I finally used a Trim Removal tool (see photo, 5mm thick down to 1mm at tip) as suggested by Moor288 and BJG.
I turned both front seats round, measured and marked the tab positions, used the trim tool to widen the gap between the 2 headlining sections, I then stood on the seats with my back to the windscreen and pushed the Tabs into place. It still required a fair amount of force but they went in which is the main thing.
Thank again to everybody.
DSC02505.JPG

Back