Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Isotop question

JT5

JT5

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
This is probably quite a niche question, but hoping the knowledgeable forum might be able to help...!

I've got a T6 Ocean, and bought an Isotop V...all was well in the world! Then I had a roof hydraulics issue whereby the tent fabric had to be replaced under warranty. Unbeknownst to me until I picked it up from the garage, they've installed a T6.1 tent (i.e. it has the full front opening window).

In some ways this is a good upgrade (!)...however, obviously now, when I put the Isotop V back up, I don't get the benefit of the full front opening window. I could live with not using that full window opening, but at the same time it's a bit annoying to have it but not be able to use it...

So, my question is: does anyone know whether the Isotop VI (which I think is designed for the T6.1) would fit an Isotop V velcro / hook and loop frame fixings that are already in place in my T6?

Thanks all :)

Last edited:
This is probably quite a niche question, but hoping the knowledgeable forum might be able to help...!

I've got a T6 Ocean, and bought an Isotop V...all was well in the world! Then I had a roof tent issue whereby the tent fabric had to be replaced under warranty (after a struggle)! Unbeknownst to me until I picked it up from the garage, they've installed a T6.1 tent (i.e. it has the full front opening window).

In some ways this is a good upgrade (!)...however, obviously now, when I put the Isotop V back up, I don't get the benefit of the full front opening window. I could live with not using that full window opening, but at the same time it's a bit annoying to have it but not be able to use it...

So, my question is: does anyone know whether the Isotop VI (which I think is designed for the T6.1) would fit an Isotop V velcro / hook and loop frame fixings that are already in place in my T6?

Drop a message to Brandrup, they should be able to confirm.

(I would say it will fit!)

I've got a T6 Ocean, and bought an Isotop V...all was well in the world! Then I had a roof tent issue whereby the tent fabric had to be replaced under warranty (after a struggle)! Unbeknownst to me until I picked it up from the garage, they've installed a T6.1 tent (i.e. it has the full front opening window).

Are you sure you have a T6.1 tent ? My 2019 T6 came standard with a full front opening window, maybe they replaced it with that one ? but I don't know if there are any differences between latest T6 and T6.1 tents.
It seems that the Isotop VI is for both T6/T6.1. Regarding the Velcro , ho is yours attachen to the front side at the top. The Mark VI needs these 5 black Velcro straps :
1683292752513.png

Thanks Ch1pbutty, I actually did that last night. I'll update here when I hear back (I'm the unlikely event someone finds themselves in the same situation)

What I can already day is that the T6 Isotop tabs that fold into the internal tyent about half way back in the van fit the T6.1 tent perfectly...so they didn't change that design, which is good. For now I have a working Isotop, just not the full front opening window part

Ah, sorry...I should have said, Mine is a 2018 T6. I think the 2019 T6s did have the full opening. Basically, my old tent had just the crescent opening at the front, my new one looks just like your picture - a really big difference. But the Isotop I have doesn't have a window aperture to match the new tent...if that makes sense

Back