Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Not only VW are delivering cars with the wrong options....

• Thread starter Hotel California
  • Start date
H

Hotel California

Super Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
As we frequent read story's here on the forum of Cali's beeing deliverd with wrong or missing options , this is my story of today!

We orderd a Renault Captur for my mother in-law end november and we where of this afthernoon to take delivery.
Arrived at the Renault dealer by witch we allready bought a Grand Senic 8y ago for my wife and myself happend to orderd a new Kangoo just last week to replace my 18y old current Kangoo.

The Captur was in the showroom hidden under a nice black canvas ...special as it is just a random car...the salesmen started explaining some things on how to use this and that , special to my wife and her mother , i kept myself aside .
At some point i stuck my head in the car and noticed a automatic gearshifter....:Nailbiting and closer inspection only two pedals:shocked

Seems they messed up and got the order wrong to the factory as the original order we have and they also ! say a manual....

They offerd to drive of with the car for now and they will sort out a new Captur , but this means a whole new periode of waiting .
We refused the Captur as a themporary car as my mother in-law does not want to drive a automatic , we are given a other Captur with less spec. but normal gearbox.
The owner of the garage is gonne look in to this all and will inform us asap.

Never thought this could happen to us...

Very strange afternoon...:Depressed

Since most of the manufacturers have gone over to " Build to Order " I'm sure this is not an uncommon problem with them all.
On a recent tour round the BMW Mini factory, no 2 minis were the same spec/colour/model. I don't think the problem is actually on the production line as that is virtually all computer controlled. It's between the Dealer and the actual point where production starts, because from that point onwards it is all computer controlled. Before that point " People " are involved. Computers don't make mistakes People do.

No doubt the auto costs more. Shame M-I-L didn't want it and start some tough negotiation like ....not paying for the upgrade.

No doubt the auto costs more. Shame M-I-L didn't want it and start some tough negotiation like ....not paying for the upgrade.

even if we get a new correct Captur within' a few months ....there will be something in it for us belive me , i got some decent negociating skills...:D

Been negotitating a new Kangoo for myself , ended up at 15.249€ for a 21.500 € priced car , then i asked for free rubber mats witch they agrreed to fit :thumb

Last edited:
OMFG! … but at least it will become a good story in the future ;-)

There seems to be a very simple fix. When the factory receive the order from the dealer they email the buyer a courtesy message with the spec and anticipated build and shipping timetable.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

There seems to be a very simple fix. When the factory receive the order from the dealer they email the buyer a courtesy message with the spec and anticipated build and shipping timetable.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu
That would mean the Vehicle Manufacturers ACTUALLY talking to their customers, instead of through the Dealer, or not, as the case may be.

Strange thing is the Captur was at the dealer for almost four weeks and nobody noticed this fault .
Mother in-law was due to sugery and we not wanted the new car before this , the surgery ended up beeing moved to a later date so we arranged the pick-up date.
I and my wife went there to see it briefly last sathurday , when i orderd my Kangoo, i even opend a door (Not the driversdoor and did not actually sat in the verhicle) but we did not noticed it at the time....
Just shows how easy mistakes are beeing overlooked at .
Dealers should notice this when doing the checklist when preparing the new car for delivery ....i supposed until now!

Back