Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Service indicator not working?

beardie

beardie

My Cali is a few days short of 2 yrs old and has done approx 16k miles. However the service indicator hasn't yet indicated a service is due. I was told by the dealer that there was a count down. Could the ECU be faulty? Have a VW maintainence contract and the dealer says they won't do a service until the indicator comes on. I am abut concerned that I will have a warranty issue due to a lack of service!

Any suggestions?

Hi beardie. I think that a long life service is 20k I can't see why your dealer won't do it sooner
The oil is monitored at regular intervals and if it gets to thin and loses viscosity it will bring the service light on anyway :thumb

Calikev said:
Hi beardie. I think that a long life service is 20k I can't see why your dealer won't do it sooner
The oil is monitored at regular intervals and if it gets to thin and loses viscosity it will bring the service light on anyway :thumb

Rang my dealer today about the same thing - they said long life intervals were 25k or 2 years max. So in your case i would've thought the service was due because of the time.
What does the service info on your DIS say?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

The dealer suggests that the vehicle display should give you a count down in miles or days to when the service is due. In my case yes that is for 2 years. My Cali is 2 yrs old on Monday but no indication yet

Dealer said that as I have a vw service plan they can't do the service until the vehicle says it needs one!

Popping it round for the dealer to have a quick look see at lunchtime. Assume their computer will reveal all

That's odd my service plan is service every year for 3 years :thumb although its a plan from parkway vw and is not actually a vw plan :thumb

Sounds like a time and distance service plan (I had one of those for my golf). The vw one £13 a month I think is for 4 years ( 2 services I assumed) as I belive the second service has to be at 3 yrs even on long life ( that's my interpretation of the service book)

Update went to the dealer who ushed the 'reset' button on the bottom of the right hand stalk and the remaining days left before service is now there!

Problem solved

Guys,

I had a similar issue, I pre-purchased a service plan... one off payment when the van was new.

Unfortunately in the 3 year life span, than van only needed servicing once acording to the indicator.

When it was approaching it's 3rd year, I asked for the dealer to carry out the service a little early. VW refused to agree.

A real pain and a total waste of money on the prepaid service plan. I think in total I ended up £150 out of pocket.

You live and learn and if I'd worked through our likely mileages then I wouldn't have gone for the plan in the first place. (Essentially over paying for a single service)

Rgds
M

I believe with the monthly plan you can stop paying when you want, ie it's a monthly agreement. Given that the van will need a 3 yr service and then not another in the remaining year I plan on stopping it then, will need to see what vw finance say at that point.....

Back