I've gone and been and done it.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Ordered my Natural Grey California 180, 4 Motion,Bluemotion,DSGwith all the goodies including sat nav, DAB, parking sensors and camera to go with the towbar as I will be using a towbar bike rack. Skipped the shower and Zenon lights ( too expensive to replace and cannot stand that colour ). No WiFi but think I can do it a lot cheaper than VW. Delivery Dec 5th. My choice and South Hereford Garages have guaranteed that date, even if they have to hold it for a few weeks. I already have plans in place for Christmas and New Year. :D :D

Congratulations the Cali sounds great. Got to agree about the shower :thumb

Congratulations! What a brilliant Christmas present to yourself :D

Congratulations Welshgas sounds a great spec :thumb

Im in the process of ordering mine, just out of interest did you manage to order the sat nav, DAB, parking sensors with camera as an options pack or did you have to select them individually?

Shower??? where can I find that as an option?? The VW brochure is the worst I've ever seen, nothing I've got from the dealership corresponds to the brochure on line :headbang

Thank you all. Yes a very expensive Christmas present, but worth it. As you said camper kid, the brochure is a nightmare. According to the salesman 5 people lost their jobs over that. Just make a list of what you want and then talk to a salesman who knows what he is talking about. The software they use doesn't seem to use Accessory Packs but individual items. The Shower Pack is on the 2015 MY, now in production.
:thanks All.

Thanks WelshGas I'll do that, I'm going in to the dealers on Thursday with a list of questions as long as my arm (so far) :crazy you'd think for an average of £50,000 motor they'd produce a professional brochure

Loving your spec but I am very tempted by the xenons I think the Drl's look great! but I do agree they are very expensive.

Role on December!!! :laugh2

Expensive to purchase and repair. I work on the premise " if I can't see - slow down" I've been blinded too often by incorrectly set head lights, especially Zenons, by other road users. Using NightBreaker halogen bulbs is a useful upgrade though, and easily replaced, unlike a Zenon.

WelshGas said:
Expensive to purchase and repair. I work on the premise " if I can't see - slow down" I've been blinded too often by incorrectly set head lights, especially Zenons, by other road users. Using NightBreaker halogen bulbs is a useful upgrade though, and easily replaced, unlike a Zenon.
Funny you should mention that. http://www.vwcaliforniaclub.com/headlight_bulb.php

Congratulations - you will not be disappointed, in fact you will be surprised as to how impressed you will be with the vehicle, build quality and standard equipment. I have the reversing camera its good and also the 510 with sat nav - still debating that as its a steep learning curve and confess to using my tom tom to get me through Europe. Dab is Ok. Still learning. Overall you will be delighted with your decision - its a fantastic vehicle.

Back