Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

IXTEND Mattress, what a revelation!

colintfcolintf

colintfcolintf

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Having tried inflatable mattress, and duvalay roll up / unroll mattresses on previous overnighters this weekend was the turn of the ebay bargain Brandrup Ixtend mattress. We stayed in one place on friday night and another different place on saturday night. “GameChanger!” So much quicker and easier than inflating / deflating or rolling up / unrolling. Really comfortable as well. We should of bit the bullet when we got the Cali and spent the money and bought one first, instead of trying other cheaper options. I know we are all different, but it really works well for us!
1f60e.png

Having tried inflatable mattress, and duvalay roll up / unroll mattresses on previous overnighters this weekend was the turn of the ebay bargain Brandrup Ixtend mattress. We stayed in one place on friday night and another different place on saturday night. “GameChanger!” So much quicker and easier than inflating / deflating or rolling up / unrolling. Really comfortable as well. We should of bit the bullet when we got the Cali and spent the money and bought one first, instead of trying other cheaper options. I know we are all different, but it really works well for us!
1f60e.png
Me too. These hybrid mattresses are transformatory. They take up little extra space and offer the same convenience as the uncomfort mattress in terms of deployment and stowage.

Is this the one you are referring too? https://+++++++++++++++++++++++/pro...bed-mattress-for-t6-1-california-ocean-coast/

Assuming Cali Ocean T6.1? Waiting on delivery of our Cali end Jan and in this same quandary what I did know for sure is I didn’t want the “un-comfort” VW option so considering Duvalay frestech but really like the fold option as you say too much faff rolling and I’ve used this inflatable efforts before found the useless to be honest

Is this the one you are referring too? https://+++++++++++++++++++++++/pro...bed-mattress-for-t6-1-california-ocean-coast/

Assuming Cali Ocean T6.1? Waiting on delivery of our Cali end Jan and in this same quandary what I did know for sure is I didn’t want the “un-comfort” VW option so considering Duvalay frestech but really like the fold option as you say too much faff rolling and I’ve used this inflatable efforts before found the useless to be honest
Link didn’t work attaching pic

IMG_0471.jpeg

OP bought a used Ixtend on Ebay for a Marco Polo. It just about fits the Cali T6.1. Alternatively there is the Calibed Prestige III which I got but they are basically the same.

1f60e.png

Your post is convincing! Can I ask whether you tried the sea to summit inflatable as we find this so comfortable that the (very minor) faff is well worth it - however I could have my mind changed if these offer the same comfort. Also can you raise the ratchet shelf at the back with this in place? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your post is convincing! Can I ask whether you tried the sea to summit inflatable as we find this so comfortable that the (very minor) faff is well worth it - however I could have my mind changed if these offer the same comfort. Also can you raise the ratchet shelf at the back with this in place? Thanks

no i didn't try the summit inflatable mattress.
i don't know what you mean by the shelf at the back, maybe thats a T6.1 thing...mine is a T6
:)

OP bought a used Ixtend on Ebay for a Marco Polo. It just about fits the Cali T6.1. Alternatively there is the Calibed Prestige III which I got but they are basically the same.
it fits absolutely fine is what we found :)

no i didn't try the summit inflatable mattress.
i don't know what you mean by the shelf at the back, maybe thats a T6.1 thing...mine is a T6
:)

Thanks, yes it’s t6.1, the back shelf lifts up so that you can sit up in bed :)

Thanks, yes it’s t6.1, the back shelf lifts up so that you can sit up in bed :)

These mattresses, the Calibed, and I'm sure the Brandrup fold at the same point as on the Comfort mattress. No issues raising the back rest.
I have laid on a S2S in a camping shop and it is definitely comfortable at least for the few minutes I tried it. These thicker dual layer mattresses offer a similar level of comfort but without the faff of unrolling, inflating, deflating and rolling. After a long day driving i want bed setup to be as troublefree as possible and thats what the concertina mattresses offer.
Plus no worries about microholes and leaky valves.

Me too. These hybrid mattresses are transformatory. They take up little extra space and offer the same convenience as the uncomfort mattress in terms of deployment and stowage.
I was convinced by a friend to get one, 250 nights later and its still great.
I leave the duvet on the mattress and just fold it back, making the bed is so easy next time.

There are two versions of this on the Brandrup site 100.709.025 and 100.709.022 (disregard the middle one for me: I have a 6.1 Ocean): which one are we talking about here ?
I don't think I need the PAD, but is the matrress the same in both ?

I tried at least 10 times to sleep on the original comfort-matrass, but I find it too hard ..

100 709 025iXTEND Allround folding bed VW T6.1 Ocean/Coast (usage with and above the serial rear cushion); VW T6 California Ocean/Coast (usage of the bed extension only in the lower position); VW T5 California Comfortline (usage of the bed extension in the lower and upper position); design VW T6.1 "Palladium"428,00 €
100 709 021Package: iXTEND PAD and iXTEND Allround folding bed only for VW T5 California Comfortline, usage of the bed extension in the upper position, design "Palladium"538,00 €
100 709 022Package: iXTEND High Comfort folding bed + iXTEND PAD only for VW T6 California Ocean/Coast and identical special editions, usage of the bed extension in the upper position, design "Palladium"564,00 €

Thanks,
Stefan.

You deserve a medal.

I think if you have a level bed base you only need the first item on the list
Thanks :) ! I figured it might be a matter of getting used to it, but apparently, not for me.
My eldest son thinks it's fine, so if HE uses the van, he can get that mattress, and I'll save the new one for me !

Given how much VW charge for their stock mattress, I just deleted the option from my order to save £ for purchasing one of these.

Give or take, very similar outlay. Having experienced the VW mattress for a few nights, I would joy layup for it.

Back