Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Jersey

Graham

Graham

VIP Member
Off to Jersey after lunch today. Let the packathon commence!

Lucky old you :thumb :thumb have a nice trip :rofl

Just the weekend Graham?

I've got so many places I want to go that I feel like there aren't enough weekends!! :laugh2

Have a great trip. Jersey is somewhere I would like to visit so it would be good to hear a little about your experiences.

We're off to Cannock Chase this weekend to hide in the woods with mountain bikes.

It is a shame that work gets in the way!!

We took our Cali over to Jersey a few years ago. If you have not been before - you will have a great time. Some great beaches and don't miss the zoo :grin:

Enjoy.

We are hoping to do Guernsey at some point this summer.

Andy

Well Jersey was fab. And the weather was better than mainland uk throughout. We stayed in the NE corner at Rozel camping, a really good site with pool, good park for the kids, well spaced pitches, immaculate facilities and not too big. Highly recommended -we would definitely stay there again. I didn't realise until we booked that wild camping is verboten and you have to obtain a permit to take the van over. I guess its a good way of controlling congestion.
The Durrell wildlife conserve is fab, the castle at Gorey (mont orguiel) very interactive, the cream teas and crab sarnies superb. We kayaked off Rozel beach (though pay attention to tides ad strong currents). We also liked the fact the minor roads were classed as green lanes with a blanket 15 mph limit and priority to cycles and walkers. Great beaches with clear water. The War tunnels gave good insight into the German occupation but wasn't really for the kids. The only thing that disappointed was the total disdain with which much of the population treated tourists - apologies if you hail from there, but that's how we were mostly treated.