Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Joined CCC; useful for Euro booking?

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Just joined to CCC and had a look at their Euro sites to pre-book.

Anyone compared their prices to going direct? The Spanish one we checked looks amazing but it's VERY expensive (La Paz)!

Hoping joining the CCC is worth doing!

Stu said:
Have you looked at ACSI?

Nope but I have a feeling I should have seen that before I joined CCC - oops! :oops:

You can buy the acsi card through the C&CC. It says it's discounted, but it looks the same prices as where we bought our bord atlas, http://www.acsi-camping-card-vicarious-books.co.uk/?

The C&CC club sites in the UK are usually very high standard and clean, feel we've got value from being a member. However, I've found their Euro discounts to be poor - for instance, it was cheaper for us to book a DFDS ferry direct rather than through the C&CC, (same thing for the IOW ferries as well).

Haven't tried booking euro campsites through them, that may offer better discounts. As we don't have a plan, we're just going to wing it, so the acsi site and aires approach will suit us better.

dan

Hmm - trying to cancel CCC membership but bought an ASCII card!

KernowLad said:

We've found the acsii card useful - and the book. Cheap too.
We usually tour outside the high season so we get the discount the acsii card offers on its sites.
We had a membership of the Caravan Club for a year but to be honest found it a waste of money so didn't renew.
We also found the 'ukcampsites' database and its reviews helpful for the UK and France. Less so for Spain and Portugal.

KernowLad said:

ACSI card is essential for euro trips you might want to get their id card as well. Sites will accept this instead of keeping your passports and also provides insurance too.
Having said that i found last year that the sites we stayed at were confused by the ACSI cards and accepted out membership card for the same purpose.
I use their app whilst abroad but found that most of the sites on there were full price ie upto 45 euros per night as opposed to their 12/14/16 euro rates so keep your wits about you!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

We book the CCC sites, but sometimes book directly as its cheaper. Never had a bad site with CCC.

The ACSI card is for low season camping only (isnt it?), so much not be any good for when you are going?

BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
We book the CCC sites, but sometimes book directly as its cheaper. Never had a bad site with CCC.

The ACSI card is for low season camping only (isnt it?), so much not be any good for when you are going?

Isn't June still low season?

The ACSI card is for low season camping only (isnt it?)

Yes that is what I was led to believe.

Isn't June still low season?

Never thought of June as low season myself !! It is during summer so is high season.

So I may have wasted money twice ?

Oops.

Kernowlad don't worry
Not all ACSI registered sites offer the discount.
The ACSI book you will get, will list the ones that do. They have differing offer dates depending on their usual occupancy but most have June included and go upto the first week in July for early season and then September onwards for late season. The book gives the dates the offer is available. I always go away end of May to beginning of July and always stop on ACSI sites.
I am going through France and into Spain, this year, returning from Santander and all the sites I have looked at are available at the reduced rates.

Hubert