Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Junior Doctors (England) and their Dispute - Explanation

Really don't think we should get into this on here. It will likely prove to end up badly as people will have widely different views on the situation.

Sorry, but I totally disagree. English residents should be worried if the Government imposes the new contract.
Scotland and Wales and possibly N Ireland are not going down this road. Ever wondered why? They are all short of Junior Doctors and if England imposes the new contract then they will be able to easily fill their posts to England's detriment.
The Junior Doctors and the BMA know very well that withdrawing their service has no impact on patient safety as the Consultant and non-junior medical staff ( often more experienced than the Junior Staff ) can cover these duties for 48-72hrs.
And don't get me started on all the cancelled operations etc: At this time of year hundreds if not thousands of routine operations are cancelled each day due to Winter Pressures and lack of beds. It is the same each year. Why do you think these strikes were called at this time of year, because they have limited effect on routine operations. Many hospitals cancel 30-70% of routine ops on occasions at this time of year because hospitals have limited beds which have to be reserved for emergency admissions, especially with the cold weather .
No doubt there will be some, probably vociferous, objections to what is going on, and to this posting, but be very clear it is not about just pay. If it was just that then these Junior Doctors could move to The Regions or abroad and earn more.
I have just retired from the NHS and I have never known moral to be so low across ALL professional groups within the NHS. The Junior Doctors are fully supported by the NHS staff groups because they know they themselves cannot take on the NHS Employers without seriously affecting patient safety.

I don't want to see this sort of thing on the forum. It has no place here. There are plenty of places where these things can be debated. This sort of post only can only divide members.

I agree.

I am currently involved in another forum on this subject. It has got ridiculously heated, same as it does on Trident, pensions and nuclear fallout.

We have our problems in this forum with DSG/Manual and Beach/SE... lets stick with those.

Don't click on the link to the thread then, simples. Or if you do, don't blame the author, take responsibility for the fact that you actively chose to view it.

I'm sure there's lots of stuff on the internet you don't want to see, do you have difficulty not looking at that too?

I don't want to see this sort of thing on the forum. It has no place here. There are plenty of places where these things can be debated. This sort of post only can only divide members.

Although I do not really have a personal view on this subject I totally disagree with this comment, Welshgas has posted this in open house chat, you have the choice to read the post or not, you also have the choice to reply or not ( you decided to reply) personally think it is refreshing to see the odd non Cali subject on here. When I attend meets, we don't just all talk about the Cali and camping.

More off topic subjects I say !

Don't click on the link to the thread then, simples. Or if you do, don't blame the author, take responsibility for the fact that you actively chose to view it.

I'm sure there's lots of stuff on the internet you don't want to see, do you have difficulty not looking at that too?
There are some threads that I look at and some I do not. I make my choice . The "off topic" link is there for anyone who wants to talk about anything and this does allow for some diversity on the forum.

@WelshGas the changes being made to the NHS aren't motivated by patient care, any more than HS2 is about the national economy. The basic causal link between "there are more deaths on the weekend" and "so we need more staff working weekends" hasn't been proven at all.

There are a very few things that make this country unique and special in the world, and this government is systematically destroying them.

I don't understand what is going on. I am not involved in the NHS.

I do understand what a cherished institution the NHS is. I have had both spectrums of my family treated as emergencies in the last three months, my 93 y/old Mum and my 12 month old grandson. My only first hand experience of the NHS was 18 months ago. My care as that with my family was superlative.

We have an institution that is the envy of much of the world yet we drip feed it with money, parsimoniously doling out every penny and each dollop doled out only given in response to yet another NHS crisis. I do not understand why we don't do it the other way, ask how much it would cost to have a well-funded NHS providing that superlative service into the future and then ask where can we get the money from.

I would happily pay more tax if I thought it went to the NHS, I really do not understand how HS2 is of greater benefit than a well funded NHS or how weapons of mass destruction keep us safe, especially from those who would consider mass destruction to be a result.

I do not understand the politics but I despair of politicians who put their own seat, their party and their ideologue before the national interest.

The sight of Doctors on the streets holding placards makes me want to cry. Something we should be proud of is being treated as a playground football.

It really is a peoples choice. Do we want an NHS or don't we.

Back