Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Right to Roam England

I guess this means that if you park, walk, cycle or stay into someone’s private land they will be able to call the police to throw you in a cell instead of just taking you to court privately. Not good news for folks like us. :(

Oh yeah. On the river ure we have the same thing. Guess what. Ignored it. Sick of cant do this cant go there. Not where I'm from mate

There is no "right to roam" on rivers except for the Thames (with a license) or I think the Wye. Elsewhere the landowners on each side own up to the middle.

There is no "right to roam" on rivers except for the Thames (with a license) or I think the Wye. Elsewhere the landowners on each side own up to the middle.

I pay a small license fee to British waterways to allow me to kayak on Britsh rivers and canals so its interesting to read the above. :oops:

I pay a small license fee to British waterways to allow me to kayak on Britsh rivers and canals so its interesting to read the above. :oops:
That license is valid on British Waterway controlled rivers but only a very few rivers are BW controlled! So not valid on other rivers!

That license is valid on British Waterway controlled rivers but only a very few rivers are BW controlled! So not valid on other rivers!
Any river with a historic right of navigation can be used by recreational boaters. This includes the rivers Severn, Avon, Wye, Tyne, Weir and numerous other minor rivers all over the country. A bit of research and local enquiries should provide information for your area. In some cases there may be local licencing requirements.

Membership with the British Canoe Association gives you a licence covering 4500km of waterways. Details here, inc locations where you need to still sort a separate licence.https://www.britishcanoeing.org.uk/go-canoeing/access-and-environment/licensing#waterways-not-included-under-british-canoeing-membership

This short video pretty much sums the situation in England up

If I remember rightly from my kayaking days, you can paddle on any part of a river that is tidal. Be aware of fish spawning grounds though or other local conditions.