Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just joined.

S

Skyflier

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Good morning all I have recently become the owner of a 2018 t6 Beach :) I sold my T6 camper van which had a 150 wattsolar panel and static heater. I am wondering wether to fit a panel to the roof !! and heater. Im confused as so many opinions. would it be best to get VW retro fit a heater or go to a reliable converter. also the solar panel fitted to my previous was great but Im not keen on having holes drilled my pop top. Thanks for any advice

Good morning all I have recently become the owner of a 2018 t6 Beach :) I sold my T6 camper van which had a 150 wattsolar panel and static heater. I am wondering wether to fit a panel to the roof !! and heater. Im confused as so many opinions. would it be best to get VW retro fit a heater or go to a reliable converter. also the solar panel fitted to my previous was great but Im not keen on having holes drilled my pop top. Thanks for any advice
Rodger sells through the Club store.

Is your van still under warranty? If so, you should probably have the heater retrofitted by VW.

Is your van still under warranty? If so, you should probably have the heater retrofitted by VW.
Hi Yes the van is still under warranty, is that so the warranty is not invalidated. Thanks

Mine is a retrofitted Webasto installed by an official Westfalia agency. Works great, but the van was out of warranty. I'm assuming that this type of installation would invalidate the warranty if not done by VW, but I could be wrong. Maybe someone else here has had direct experience?

Mine is a retrofitted Webasto installed by an official Westfalia agency. Works great, but the van was out of warranty. I'm assuming that this type of installation would invalidate the warranty if not done by VW, but I could be wrong. Maybe someone else here has had direct experience?
Thanks I will make enquiries from my local dealer.

:welcome To the beach club skyflier

There are plenty of excellent threads on the forum that roger has contributed to regarding solar panels. Tech and install advice.

Also plenty on retrofit of diesel cab heaters, if the retro fit was carried out by an approved VW retrofitter using original equipment, I’m sure there would be no problem with the warranty, it would be prudent you to confirm that fact with VW, once you have identified the fitting company.

The cab heater is an excellent piece of kit for all year van life

The search function is your friend, Happy reading

Hi Yes the van is still under warranty, is that so the warranty is not invalidated. Thanks
Hello again, I spoke with my local VW dealership(commercial) at Cowlfold Sussex and was told its not possible to have a heater retro fitted by VW. It would have to be fitted by a third party. The warranty wouldn't be invalidated however if a fact was caused by the fitting of the heater it would not be covered. !!!!

I would sat it’s still worth having the correct webasto system installed, it’s a great bit of kit, that will I have no doubt come with a guarantee if fitted by an authorised webasto dealer / fitter, the trim panels would be original vw, as many have had done.
Get yourself a vip membership and pm some of those that have had a retrofit, I’m sure they will be willing to pass on nuggets of wisdom / advice :thumb

W
I would sat it’s still worth having the correct webasto system installed, it’s a great bit of kit, that will I have no doubt come with a guarantee if fitted by an authorised webasto dealer / fitter, the trim panels would be original vw, as many have had done.
Get yourself a vip membership and pm some of those that have had a retrofit, I’m sure they will be willing to pass on nuggets of wisdom / advice :thumb
ill do thanks