Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just ordered a Beach

-1 for the LED lights
-1 for the ACC if you drive abroad (set for UK traffic)
+1 for front and rear sensors and camera
Otherwise great spec choice! :upsidedown
Interesting to see that ACC is set to your own traffic conditions - I had thought that if it would be useful for us it would be when abroad (or "abroader" than the UK !) - Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Interesting to see that ACC is set to your own traffic conditions - I had thought that if it would be useful for us it would be when abroad (or "abroader" than the UK !) - Thanks for your thoughts on this.

We drove 25,000 miles around Europe in our first year of Beach ownership. I never had an issue with the ACC until a Polish white van man rolled backwards into us at traffic lights in Swidnica.

Reactions: Lll
Got a 2 seat T6 and 1 kid, and I'd say:
- def need parking sensors, rear camera nice to have
- extra seat, never use it, no legroom unless you take rear board out
- rear air con, not got it, and haven't missed it
- cruise control, yes. ACC, hate it.
- T6 non led headlights are absolutely pathetic
- 5 year warranty

Some of this might be different on 6.1 though!

Have fun!!!

Reactions: Lll
We drove 25,000 miles around Europe in our first year of Beach ownership. I never had an issue with the ACC until a Polish white van man rolled backwards into us at traffic lights in Swidnica.
And how did the ACC respond in these circumstances....the suspense!....

That is a lot of miles. A lot.

- 5 year warranty

Have fun!!!
Thanks ! From what I gather the 6.1 standard of these elements is not dissimilar to the 6. The extra seat comes as standard - might end up offloading it alright !

It might be a 2020 thing ( connected to standard side wind assist/ electric power steering/ stability/ ESR/ EBD) or a fault on mine but my 6.1 adaptive cruise isnt perpendicular ie the radar is set at a slight angle - it brakes hard in the UK when I’m in an outer lane (not changing lanes) coming up on a vehicle in an inside lane (also not changing lanes) mine is left hand drive so I’d presume a RHD will do this abroad

- 5 year warranty

Have fun!!!
If the OP thinks he will use extra seats, he might consider a 3 seat bench, as this comes with a foldable rear board which allows it to be shortened, leaving plenty of space for seats in the second row without removing it. The bed and board are also higher, giving more flexible storage options underneath.

And how did the ACC respond in these circumstances....the suspense!....

That is a lot of miles. A lot.

The ACC was completely knocked out. I had to drive all the way back to the UK with no cruise control at all.

The 25,000 miles was a 375 day tour of Europe with my wife, two toddlers (2 & 3) a border collie and her 9 month old pup. We experienced much from 11 nights without the sun setting in the Norwegian and Finnish Arctic to Christmas Day on a Sicilian beach.

The ACC was completely knocked out. I had to drive all the way back to the UK with no cruise control at all.

The 25,000 miles was a 375 day tour of Europe with my wife, two toddlers (2 & 3) a border collie and her 9 month old pup. We experienced much from 11 nights without the sun setting in the Norwegian and Finnish Arctic to Christmas Day on a Sicilian beach.
Epic

So great to read all the advise on the extra options! Thanks everyone. I’m new to this forum and we too LIL are hoping to place an order for a Beach a 3 seater bench one as we have 3 kids so Coast or Ocean not an option. We live in Ireland and totally confused about the options. They are all so expensive and trying to figure out what is a must to stay in budget?.

so far in the must list is:
parking sensors (rear camera is standard)
Programmable heater
Bk Awning (housing and rail)
Mud flaps
Tinted glass

wish list (need help prioritising?)
LED lights
Two tone paint( can’t picture it without it but not sure I can justify the cost, is it something that can be done afterwards?!?)
Tow bar
Bike rack
Alloys (hub caps come standard )
Digital cockpit
Multi colour display
Bed extension comfort mat ??
Fridge?( can’t find any pictures of what this looks like or where it fits in the van
Storage compartment package
Heated seats

Any recommendations would be so welcome!

wish list (need help prioritising?)
LED lights
Two tone paint( can’t picture it without it but not sure I can justify the cost, is it something that can be done afterwards?!?)
Tow bar
Bike rack
Alloys (hub caps come standard )
Digital cockpit
Multi colour display
Bed extension comfort mat ??
Fridge?( can’t find any pictures of what this looks like or where it fits in the van
Storage compartment package
Heated seats

Any recommendations would be so welcome!
[/QUOTE]

I’d recommend tow bar and heated seats as a must on that list! We have the mid option lights (H7’s) on our beach which are fine - not sure if they are still an option in one of the packs?

There are cheaper and possibly better options for comfort mattress and fridge after you buy. We use duvalays straight into the seat and a dometic cx35 fridge under the multiflex board.

I can’t comment on the displays as we have a T6, I find the app connect does everything that I need. I would recommend getting a remote control with the parking heater if you can - ours doesn’t have one and I’d love to be able to warm it up remotely on frosty mornings!

We bought secondhand so I never really thought about colour or alloys, but that’s the nice thing about ordering new, you can pick exactly what you want! May be worth paying the extra for all season tyres if it’s not too much?

Let us know what you decide.

From your list of must haves
mud flaps can be retro fitted , not sure of cost for factory fitment? Assume negligible

wish list
Two tone paint can be done at a later date, although IMO a lot of work for a body shop cost for retro iro £1500- £3000, if you want it get it factory sprayed

led lights a high cost but IMO literally light and day between standard H4’s or even H7s. The LED lights are amazing if you drive at night. Get the auto lights option.

I have everything on your list except colour / digital cockpit, with the exception of the VW fridge, which I believe is a cool box rather than fridge ?

storage compartment pack - don’t know what this is

bike rack, ask the dealer to include in The sale / order deal ? Or add it later ( same cost as it’s dealer fitted, not factory )

My Beach was an ex demo as has just about every extra you could have specked, if I bought a beach again, I would have everything on your list .
if you intend to keep the Cali, get it exactly as you want it, it’s a severe amount of money, have it right and as you want it. Obvs if you have a tight budget prioritise.
:cheers

mud flaps can be retro fitted , not sure of cost for factory fitment? Assume negligible

wish list
Two tone paint can be done at a later date, although IMO a lot of work for a body shop cost for retro iro £1500- £3000, if you want it get it factory sprayed

led lights a high cost but IMO literally light and day between standard H4’s or even H7s. The LED lights are amazing if you drive at night. Get the auto lights option.

I have everything on your list except colour / digital cockpit, with the exception of the VW fridge, which I believe is a cool box rather than fridge ?

bike rack, ask the dealer to include in The sale / order deal ? Or add it later ( same cost as it’s dealer fitted, not factory )

My Beach was an ex demo as has just about every extra you could have specked, if I bought a beach again, I would have everything on your list .
if you intend to keep the Cali, get it exactly as you want it, it’s a severe amount of money, have it right and as you want it. Obvs if you have a tight budget prioritise.
You could order white paint for £300 and then wrap the bottom half for about £1000ish, saving £1500 on the extortionate £2800 factory 2 tone ... it would also protect the bottom half paint from chips etc.
I would also consider the 80L fuel tank as the heater runs off diesel, and the extra range will no doubt come in handy. It’s only £78.
Tow bar bike racks can allow you into the boot with bikes attached ... wish I’d spec’d a tow bar.
You’ll be glad of the LED headlights but hell they’re expensive...

Thanks ! From what I gather the 6.1 standard of these elements is not dissimilar to the 6. The extra seat comes as standard - might end up offloading it alright !
Hi LIL just spotted you are also based in Ireland- do you mind me asking me where you are ordering your Beach? Also if you are thinking of selling the extra seat (when you get it:)) I’d be very interested as we are getting the 3 seat bench seat we can’t order the extra seat, and really need one:)

wish list

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Really want two tone but it’s the cost €3,440!!! Think I will have to consider doing it afterwards.
Confused about the cool box/ fridge- the options list says ‘refrigerator €465’ but have no idea what you get for that.

good tip about asking for bike rack afterwards will check that out.

what colour is yours:)

You could order white paint for £300 and then wrap the bottom half for about £1000ish, saving £1500 on the extortionate £2800 factory 2 tone ... it would also protect the bottom half paint from chips etc.
I would also consider the 80L fuel tank as the heater runs off diesel, and the extra range will no doubt come in handy. It’s only £78.
Tow bar bike racks can allow you into the boot with bikes attached ... wish I’d spec’d a tow bar.
You’ll be glad of the LED headlights but hell they’re expensive...
Think that is what I will do order the white and get the rest painted at a later stage. Hadn’t even thought about the 80L tank will add that to list

LEDs are probably better choice than the two tone paint! Think I should include the tow bar don’t want to regret it later.

Mojave colour ( it’s not beige,, it’s multiple colours)

I think the vw fridge is not a fridge
look at Dometic cfx range, I have cfx35
perfect for a beach

Mojave colour ( it’s not beige,, it’s multiple colours)

I think the vw fridge is not a fridge
look at Dometic cfx range, I have cfx35
perfect for a beach
I’ll check that fridge out now thank you- where does it fit in the van?
Do you have any pictures of the Mojave beige- looks lovely but haven’t seen it in real life:)

Tow bar retro fit is approx £500-£800 factory is the way to go, tow bar bike rack :thumb

Think that is what I will do order the white and get the rest painted at a later stage. Hadn’t even thought about the 80L tank will add that to list

LEDs are probably better choice than the two tone paint! Think I should include the tow bar don’t want to regret it later.
here are a few

067B6ED5-D3D4-46FC-9BEF-BC7DBFAE635B.jpeg

B1AEE7D4-09D6-4117-8B9B-641008848A32.jpeg

91394373-0F46-452E-A141-7D7DBFC4C8CE.jpeg

60AB8110-9598-41B9-A9EF-7B99295E6A5E.jpeg

4B4962D5-46E4-4C95-9C8B-8D6AF9E092DD.jpeg

View attachment 69075

F6B72FDC-B1AC-4A23-8900-6F6576FF7FD9.jpeg

3B6E2B33-CC37-44C3-B408-03B030CCE96B.png

CA6DB6AC-D4E7-4F93-9E4A-6649366D5A8D.jpeg

Last edited:
Really appreciate you sending photos! Looks gorgeous! I’ve been trawling YouTube to try see proper clips/pictures. There are no Calis in the VW garage so all I can view is the T6.1 Transporter. Your bike rack looks great! Does it pivot out of the way to get at the boot? What’s the name of it (sorry for all the questions)

do you need to get a wrap for the pop top?
I can see part of your door is black by the window instead of Mojave - what option is that?? It looks so nice!!

Really appreciate you sending photos! Looks gorgeous! I’ve been trawling YouTube to try see proper clips/pictures. There are no Calis in the VW garage so all I can view is the T6.1 Transporter. Your bike rack looks great! Does it pivot out of the way to get at the boot? What’s the name of it (sorry for all the questions)

do you need to get a wrap for the pop top?
I can see part of your door is black by the window instead of Mojave - what option is that?? It looks so nice!!

the door pillars are decals - after market ( easy fit)

the bike rack is a atera, yes it slides away from the van to allow access to the boot

Fab photos.Great to see the fridge size in the van. Will check out that bike rack too!

Back