Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just ordered an Ocean

Welcome should get a provisional build date in 4-6 weeks of around end June beginning of July depending of big political decisions :welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

As said above , two weeks already ...pictures ....don't tell me it's been just sitting there on the drive !
Where have you been on the maiden trip ?
;)

Arrived a month early so trying to make plans - maiden trip to camper jam - though had to camp elsewhere as camping sold out. Updated profile though no Ocean 199 in the selection so 204 closest I could get. Will post some pics when I take some!

Arrived a month early so trying to make plans - maiden trip to camper jam - though had to camp elsewhere as camping sold out. Updated profile though no Ocean 199 in the selection so 204 closest I could get. Will post some pics when I take some!
Hi we are due to collect our Cali Ocean mid August but having difficulty finding insurance. Who did you insure with ?

FWIW we went with Comfort researched every where then used the VIP discount to get a great deal happy and confident they will do their part. Cheers

FWIW we went with Comfort researched every where then used the VIP discount to get a great deal happy and confident they will do their part. Cheers
Thanks for your reply, I have done a quote online with Comfort but they were insisting I had a tracker fitted before they would quote me ! Have you had to go with a Tracker ?

No. They were interested in the Alarm system and I got the spec from VW and then conducted my neogociation by phone. I have a feeling the tracker issue is one that only came up when applying on Line. My advice would be get the spec of the immobiliser (Thatcham number) and then speak with them use the VIP discount early in the discussion to help.

Tell them that as standard there's a Thatcham cat 1 alarm fitted with anti jack up and tow away. Also if you have front/rear sensors plus a camera mention all safety features they all help or did us.

Good advice. I also found the C&M people less than user friendly so ditched them as if they hard work when your are buying imagine what they are like if you are trying to claim. Go with Comfort if you can.

Hi, I also managed to get Comfort to insure me, over the phone, last week after trying various companies, some of whom had a bigger problem with MVP thing. I'm not currently planning on installing a tracker and Comfort didn't seem bothered whatever I decide to do. In fact they went on to say a tracker would only save me £20 a year. Comfort were almost £200 cheaper than the Caravan and Motorhome, very easy to deal with as well. All seems a bit of a lottery.
Insurance is a lottery, Or a scam, over a barrel comes to mind.

I phoned Comfort insurance spoke to advisor, he was very helpful. I was surprised when he said they do not use NCB to calculate the quote, but the fact I had told them that I had not had a claim in the last 5 years.

The price I was quoted was very good but I am a little concerned what would happen if I had a claim and how much would that charge year 2 !

No. They were interested in the Alarm system and I got the spec from VW and then conducted my neogociation by phone. I have a feeling the tracker issue is one that only came up when applying on Line. My advice would be get the spec of the immobiliser (Thatcham number) and then speak with them use the VIP discount early in the discussion to help.
Yes when I went through I quote online it said I needed to add a Tracker before they would give my a quote. Then I phoned them gave them all my details plus vehicle Thatcham 1 plus immobilizer and they were happy to quote me.

Welcome.........A whole new world awaits. :thumb

Hi we are due to collect our Cali Ocean mid August but having difficulty finding insurance. Who did you insure with ?
Had a phone call from the dealer today, our Cali has arrived so going up to view it tomorrow :)

We are insured with Comfort (Aviva policy).

Had a quote from Comfort very good quote but going to phone then ask about year 2 quote if had a claim when they don't us a NCB system !