Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kador and Fig 8

B

Bigbud

VIP Member
How long should the Kador & Fig 8 be ? And where did you get yours from ?

I'm assuming I need the 6mm to 6mm, online shops are not very clear :/

Usually you buy in per/m , so 3m ...
I had a 4mmx6mm that came with my awning and I personally found the 4mm to small and did pull out slightly at the ends when under tension ...
My 6mmx6mm is perfect and runs in the fig8 and awning rail fine ..
the fig8 mine are in 3 x 1m strips and got all mine from local camping store ...:)

Measured mine today both Cali awning and Vango kela strip 2.54m

I've just ordered a Kyham drive away awning. Do I need a Kador and a figure of 8 strip or can you attach it without :help :thanks

Alasdair

Barefoot62 said:
I've just ordered a Kyham drive away awning. Do I need a Kador and a figure of 8 strip or can you attach it without :help :thanks

Alasdair

You can attach without as there is a bead strip contained within the roll out awning but if you do it with out the kador you cant take the awning off again without taking it down.

Get a kador and fig of 8, it makes it much easier. TBH its still not great thou, if you roll your awning all the way in the kador sticks down so you can't open the side door. If you have the awning rolled out so it clears the side door (what I do) you cant open the drivers door. I'm tempted to take the roll out off tbh.

So without the Kador strip etc I can't use the awning as a drive away and with the strip and the roll out awning all the way in I can't open the side door. So what's the point of the roll out awning? :help

Alasdair

Bigbud said:
Barefoot62 said:

Alasdair

You can attach without as there is a bead strip contained within the roll out awning but if you do it with out the kador you cant take the awning off again without taking it down.

Get a kador and fig of 8, it makes it much easier. TBH its still not great thou, if you roll your awning all the way in the kador sticks down so you can't open the side door. If you have the awning rolled out so it clears the side door (what I do) you cant open the drivers door. I'm tempted to take the roll out off tbh.

You may have checked this already, but my Kyham driveaway, came with a separate Kador and figure of 8 strip as part of the pack, so might be worth checking this first. Just a thought

Back