Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kador Strip or not?

Morganic

Morganic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Have recently purchased a Kyham Motordome Tourer awning for my California SE
It came with figure of 8 strips but do I also need Kador strip.? There seems to be a difference of opinion reading threads.
Thanks

It will make it easier if you intend to drive away and leave it

It depends on what attachment method you want to use. If attaching to the top of the awning, then you don't really need it. If you are using the correct channel in the awning, the whilst not essential, it dies make it very much easier to attach.

The actual length you need is 2.5 Mtrs

Looks like I missed your message before you placed your order, so this reply may longer be helpful, but from a personal perspective, we've found that we prefer to attach without the Kador strip.

We've purchased one (the 6mm/4mm) size, so it gives us an option, but find that the tunnel (from van to main drive away awning) sits better when we simply clip the figure of 8 to the top of the Cali awning. It gives us more head height and just seems to fit better.

Others may advise differently though.

Morgan it's not too late just let us know your preferred option. Here is what we advise most people.
If you have the drive away awning and are going to attach it to the awning channel under the flap you are best with 6mm x 4 mm
If you don't have the wind out awning and are going to attach directly to the van's Awning rail you will need the rubber insert and 6mm x 6 mm Kador the picture shows the rubber insert
If you are going to fit the figure of eight directly to the cassette awning you
Won't need Kador.
I hope this helps

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Morgan it's not too late just let us know your preferred option. Here is what we advise most people.
If you have the drive away awning and are going to attach it to the awning channel under the flap you are best with 6mm x 4 mm
If you don't have the wind out awning and are going to attach directly to the van's Awning rail you will need the rubber insert and 6mm x 6 mm Kador the picture shows the rubber insert
Won't need Kador.
I hope this helps

full]13027[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

Hi
Thanks. I'll go for the 6/4 please. Attachment to awning cassette
Do I need to email you to confirm?

Just have a look at the other picture to make sure and I will get it packed and shipped for you.

Just have a look at the other picture to make sure and I will get it packed and shipped for you.

Thanks. I have the figure of 8 strips so can go for clipping on top of awning cassette or with Kador onto the lower part. So 6/4 which will give me the option ?

Ok mate I will get it shipped along with your gas level indicator.

Won't need Kador.
I hope this helps

View attachment 13027

View attachment 13028
Just wondering where I can find the rubber insert, does it come with the Cali or can I buy it from somewhere?

Just wondering where I can find the rubber insert, does it come with the Cali or can I buy it from somewhere?
If you don't have the wind out awning then the rubber insert comes with the Cali as standard.

If you don't have the wind out awning then the rubber insert comes with the Cali as standard.
Thanks for that helpful info, I will wait until I pick it up next week before I make any purchases.