Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kampa Awnings

shudycamps

shudycamps

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
Now it has come to my newbee mind that an extra awning aka room might be handy to track through before entering ZuliCampi. How many of you use a Kampa and how do you / did you get on with it?

I bought a Kampa travel pod mini air this summer.
I have to say I would recommend you avoid this product at all costs. It has a few design flaws, but worse is the customer support from Kampa. That company suck and I cannot believe how unhelpful and bullish they are. The basic idea of their inflatable small awning is good, but it has a clip in groundsheet that has no sides, so in even medium rain, water flows under the groundsheet and straight into the tent at its low point. Useless. It also has a rear door that has no zip or fastening along its bottom edge, so when you drive away and leave the awning standing, rain blows straight in. useless again.

Add to that two areas of damage straight out of the box, one from a bad bit of sewing, which had perforated the fabric, and one missing toggle, and I was left feeling I'd made a bad decision. Kampa have refused to do ANYTHING about it, simply saying, it's sold as having a clip in groundsheet.

That's true, but it doesn't advertise that the clip in groundsheet doesn't keep water out! Kampa made me contact the retailer first, and they are stuck in the middle.

They don't seem interested in the bad workmanship / damage. They haven't even mentioned it in their replies.

I'd just avoid their shoddy product and find someone with better design skills and better customer service. I haven't given up my fight yet - I want to return it for a refund. I'll update if that ever happens!

Paul

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ye gods! That is terrible! Thanks for the info - hmm, just won the midi pod on Ebay. I will report back when we use it in real time. Should have gone to spec savers....

xx

Back