Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kenwood DNX520VBT

B

Barefoot62

Can anybody tell me if the Kenwood DNX520VBT has any problems I know it's not dab but it seems to do everything else I want it to do and at £500:00 fitted I thought it was an deal to good to miss :thanks

Barefoot62 said:
Can anybody tell me if the Kenwood DNX520VBT has any problems I know it's not dab but it seems to do everything else I want it to do and at £500:00 fitted I thought it was an deal to good to miss :thanks

We have it and I'm generally pretty impressed - it did really well on our 5 week Euro trip and was even good on Mull last year.

The Garmin satnav is definitely very good, the sound is decent (better than the VW system) thanks to a bit more power, the DVD works fine but is a bit pointless and bluetooth is generally fairly good.

The bad points IMO are: Slow to boot up (as are most systems), FM reception is poor but this is probably due to bad aerial placements and it takes forever (if at all) to fully synch with an iPhone 4S or 5 - you can use it but very rarely have full access to the phone book or voice control.

However overall, I think it;s a good buy, especially at that price.

Back