Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kenwood satnav compatability with reversing camera

B

brompton2

VIP Member
The July 2013 Cali brochure states under factory fitted options that the reversing camera/parking sensor combination requires satnav systems RNS 315 or 510 to be fitted. Does anyone have experience of the Kenwood system, advertised in the brochure as a dealer add on alternative to RNS 315 or 510? Also whether the Kenwood :help can be linked to a reversing camera that would presumably have to be dealer rather than factory fitted? Will be grateful for any feedback. Doug.

We have fitted quite a few reverse cameras to T5's with Kenwoods fitted. Kenwood is dealer fit as is the camera. This camera can not be fitted to the VW sat nav, but only the Kenwood. The VW camera is not something that can be retrofitted either.

cheers

Alex, you can retrofit the VW Camera, and onto the VW RNS510 sat nav as well as the Kenwood unit, we've had it done a couple of times, and I believe Stu on here has as well. The quality of the image on the VW camera is far superior to any other cameras we've used.

HTH

I've got a camera on my Kenwood - it's useful - just a little bit of extra safety. Don't rely on it but it is a nice aid.

James

BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
Alex, you can retrofit the VW Camera, and onto the VW RNS510 sat nav as well as the Kenwood unit, we've had it done a couple of times, and I believe Stu on here has as well. The quality of the image on the VW camera is far superior to any other cameras we've used.

HTH

I had this retrofitted by Hazzy Days. No problem hooking it up to the RNS510 just a little expensive.

BMVS-Camper-Hire said:

HTH

We can't through VW, and unable to get all parts etc...VW won't give us coding either and we have to be able to guarantee everything we supply and fit. Shame we can't though as it is another option.

cheers

Thank you all.

I was hoping to be able to order the VW parking sensors and camera as a factory fit and then have the Kenwood linked in to the camera as a dealer fit but the VW camera doesn't seem to be an option as a factory fit unless its combined with one of the two factory fitted VW satnav options.

Also not sure where the camera is sited and whether a bike rack would obstruct its view?

The bike rack shouldn't obstruct the camera view at all. It doesn't obstruct it with the Kenwood camera either.

cheers