Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Key fob issues

R

RMBN

VIP Member
So my key stopped remotely unlocking the doors so replaced the battery, the red light blinks when you hit the buttons but the doors still don't unlock. Any ideas? do I somehow have to register the key or is it likely to be broken.. Thanks

Have you tried the spare?
Vehicle type? age? (batteries are flat in my crystal ball) :)

Maybe the needs to be paired ?

Spare works fine. 2015 California SE
Try this, might work.

Re-sync the key, to do this put the key in the door lock and press lock on the key fob.

Don’t you first have to turn the ignition on but not start it then turn the key in the door lock and press the lock button within 30secs?

Don’t you first have to turn the ignition on but not start it then turn the key in the door lock and press the lock button within 30secs?
No idea. Seems the Remote might need to be re-synced rather than recoded.

There are numerous methods mentioned. That seemed the simplest to start with.

I have a similar problem with our Audi as I rarely use it and when I try to use my key it often doesn't work. I put the key in the drivers door, turn it to lock position then press the lock button on the key whilst the key is still turned. Seems the key gets out of sync and this resets it.

I think, as the OP's Remote stopped working BEFORE he changed the battery then there is probably a fault with the Remote Fob Electronics itself. The vehicle seems to be alright as the spare remote works OK.

An uncommon fault by all accounts but it can happen.

Last week my fob went through a full cycle in the washing machine. Worked fine once dried out! Couldn’t believe it.

Back