Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kitchen pod for my Beach !!!

top man, I like threads with work-in-progress photos.

what's the plan?

Hi, I give news of the design of the kitchen pod. I made improvements, ventilation of the fridge, electric wiring with control on switch of all the supplies, fridge, water tap, 12v socket and usb socket. All that remains is to sand and paint.

IMG_0993.JPG

IMG_1064.JPG

IMG_1067.JPG

IMG_1069.JPG

IMG_1070.JPG

IMG_1074.JPG

IMG_1075.JPG

IMG_1076.JPG

IMG_1077.JPG

IMG_1079.JPG

At first, I wanted to paint it in black and now, I do not know too much ... I like the rough wood look, but how to get close to it with paint? Tips or tricks? Thank you !!!

Hi, I give news of the design of the kitchen pod. I made improvements, ventilation of the fridge, electric wiring with control on switch of all the supplies, fridge, water tap, 12v socket and usb socket. All that remains is to sand and paint.

View attachment 23787

View attachment 23788

View attachment 23789

View attachment 23790

View attachment 23791

View attachment 23792

View attachment 23793

View attachment 23794

View attachment 23795

View attachment 23796

IMG_1082.JPG

IMG_1083.JPG

Looks fantastic! - top work. Can you wax / varnish it?

Agreed - I would not look at paint (or varnish) - just a poor finish in many ways in this environment and hard to re-cost or repair - a decent wax or proofer/protector will do nicely - even a blue stain and wax maybe? All these can be topped up and will not chip or flake. Just do lots of tests on scrap wood with various finishes to see what you like.

Also you don't really want to use clear tubing - mould will form.

On some woodworking projects (solid wood admitadly) I have used danish oil. Easy to apply and gives a good finish. As mentioned above try it on some scrap samples first. Will darken the wood slightly and enhance the grain but not as much as stain.

Hi, thank you for your answers. I'll think about the look I want to give. For the water hose, I will certainly change it, but I had on hand, so I used it ... I'm impatient to use it on my next vacation, 2 weeks to wait !!!

Super work! thank you to had share with us your fantastic project...i have a request, if u can....can you share the dimensions of the side of the pod...to understand, i would like to build a pod like yours, but i have difficoult to measure the side that is perpendicular to the glass (the side without drawer)...thank you....this is a great work!

Ends just in time for the holidays !!!
Finally and as I had already bought everything, I painted it in black ...

You really did an excellent kitchen pod!!!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

That is an object of beauty and I am so jealous. I'm married to a man who struggles with basic DIY and I'm no better. Brilliant design. Wish I had one.

Back