Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kitchen shelf

Gina-B

Gina-B

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hello all. Has anyone managed to buy a kitchen shelf from Calicap.de in Germany? Is it the case that since Brexit they can't ship to England? I don't seem to be able to get the info from them. Does anyone here have one for sale perhaps? It's certainly the best one I've seen even though it's expensive.

The United Kingdom is in the list of countries you can choose when you enter your shipment-address. Of course they -can- shop to Engeland. The question is whether it's financially interesting for them and for you. I'd send them an e-mail and ask 'm.

If they don't you could always consider a DIY. For aprox. 55 pounds you can have this one:
Just download the plans, e-mail them to a local aluminium-worker and you've got yourself a shelf.
bak001.jpg

Disclaimer: shameless link to my own website.

Hi @Gina-B
We bought the shelf from Calicap.de way back in late 2020. Very useful when the roof bed is up but less so when it’s down due to limited clearance. Not sure if they still ship to the UK but won’t their website advise?

CB78EA78-A846-409F-B08F-AD003CDC0820.jpeg

Hello all. Has anyone managed to buy a kitchen shelf from Calicap.de in Germany? Is it the case that since Brexit they can't ship to England? I don't seem to be able to get the info from them. Does anyone here have one for sale perhaps? It's certainly the best one I've seen even though it's expensive.
I ordered an awning room from Calicap about 6 months ago. No issues at all, very helpful.

The United Kingdom is in the list of countries you can choose when you enter your shipment-address. Of course they -can- shop to Engeland. The question is whether it's financially interesting for them and for you. I'd send them an e-mail and ask 'm.

If they don't you could always consider a DIY. For aprox. 55 pounds you can have this one:
Just download the plans, e-mail them to a local aluminium-worker and you've got yourself a shelf.
bak001.jpg

Disclaimer: shameless link to my own website.
Thanks ThomasHJ. Will take a look.

Hi @Gina-B
We bought the shelf from Calicap.de way back in late 2020. Very useful when the roof bed is up but less so when it’s down due to limited clearance. Not sure if they still ship to the UK but won’t their website advise?

View attachment 90417
Well, I did order, but my order got lost in Ireland because the company put the wrong delivery address. Am still in contact with them but currently they are saying that the shipping cost is more to England than Ireland. It's all been a bit of a mixup, but they have refunded me, so I'll try ordering again.

I've been pondering kitchen shelves for a while and concluded that the Calicap.de 'Caliboard' was the best option to suit my needs (good value, factory look, not intrusive into to cab area, vents and lights still accessible, runs full length of the kitchen unit). I contacted Calicap.de yesterday and unfortunately at the moment they do not ship to the UK post-Brexit. Pity, as a kitchen shelf would have been far more useful than a blue passport.

Gruenthal do offer UK shipping. Their shelf/cupboard looks excellent but seems to take up more space and is about 3x the cost for equivalent storage (2x modular units):

But in the gruenthal version you can keep everything while driving.
In shelf only versions you have to store it away while driving.

Back