Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kylie bike rack, question on locking

R

Rooney1000

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi all

So we recently bought a VW bike rack for our Ocean, I think people refer to it as the 'kylie' model.

Anyway, all works really well but I am so confused on the locking mechanism of it. So only the long handle that attaches to bikes has a lock on, so the handle that reaches across to the 3rd bike. The two shorter handles / levers clamp on but have no lock.

To me this means that if we are only carrying 1 or 2 bikes then we have no way of locking them by just using the bike rack itself - is that right ?! Am I doing something wrong, is it designed this way!

I get I can buy a normal lock and just attach it but seems odd that I have to do that !

Hoping it is my stupidity !
Thanks

We have the newer version for our T6 - each bar has a lock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Move the bike out a position to the 2nd and 3rd rail then use the lock,
Also use a u lock too be safe

Yes could do that but instructions say always put first bike on first rack nearest the window.

Oh well, just seems odd they didn't just make all the handles lockable !

Yes could do that but instructions say always put first bike on first rack nearest the window.

Oh well, just seems odd they didn't just make all the handles lockable !
If you load near the window you have to be careful of handle bars and pedal being too close to the glass. If only carrying one or two, move them out and use the locking 3rd arm. I think the instructions are referring to the sequence? Obviously the closer to the window the less the cantilever forces, but it's designed for 4 so no worries about overloading with non-electric bikes.

Back