Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leather retrim

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi, can anyone recommend a first class leather retrimmer. I want to recover both front seats and the rear bench in leather, I am not looking at second skin seat covers but a full retail. Thanks.

Hi, there are a lot of options based on location and price expectations but some names I can recommend are

Mid England Re Trims
Bromsgrove Auto Trimmers
Vision leather upholstery

All in the midlands.

We were initially going to have leather but as we have a dog were advised on our last van to have vinyl instead of leather as it is harder wearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had our seats retrimmed in leather at Vision Leisure, Church Stretton, Shropshire. We'd looked at quite a lot of trimmers before using Vision Leisure, we found their work to be top notch and reasonably priced too.

Trim Technik, DK Schwiezer and Transcal are all good and retrim for main dealers. We ended up using the former only because they were more responsive but they all do very high quality work. Paid £1450 inc the door cards.C6545942-87A4-4AE0-A86E-EBB0B63CBD64.jpeg

We had our seats retrimmed in leather at Vision Leisure, Church Stretton, Shropshire. We'd looked at quite a lot of trimmers before using Vision Leisure, we found their work to be top notch and reasonably priced too.
Would it be possible to say what Reasonably priced is please?

Nice, was that just the standard leather....
Yes it’s 100% hide but be careful and ask: some cheap retrimmers will use bonded leather (also called reconstituted leather) and will call it leather. It is made as a layered structure of a fiber or paper backer covered with a layer of shredded leather mixed with a polyurethane binder that is embossed with a leather-like texture. It doesn’t wear particularly well and won’t smell of leather like ours does.

Yes it’s 100% hide but be careful and ask: some cheap retrimmers will use bonded leather (also called reconstituted leather) and will call it leather. It is made as a layered structure of a fiber or paper backer covered with a layer of shredded leather mixed with a polyurethane binder that is embossed with a leather-like texture. It doesn’t wear particularly well and won’t smell of leather like ours does.
Thanks, I've already asked Trim Technik whom I presumed retrimmed yours for a quote. Would you mind confirming what the colours are - it looks great.

Another advocate for Trim Tecknik. Real leather and they have trimmed many VW's. Unlike many manufacturers including Mercedes Marco Polo the seats are full leather throughout when retrimmed. They are also fully air bag compliant.

CaliforniaOcean_2 (2).jpg

Thanks, I've already asked Trim Technik whom I presumed retrimmed yours for a quote. Would you mind confirming what the colours are - it looks great.

Thanks...yes no problem. They'll send u swatches if you say what kind of colour scheme u want. Here's what I sent them:

See picture for design
JLS 722 - Portland grey
JLS316 - Charcoal grey
JLS316 PT10 - Charcoal grey with polka dot perforations
T6 front door cards: Light grey JLS 010 as that’s very close to the colour of the plasticHuw Evans VW California FINAL choice (002).jpg

It's a kind of reverse of the T5 on their website: