Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure batteries and dip switches

Some of this might be useful?

You can either wire directly to the engine battery or to the engine battery side of the split charge relay which would be the shorter route. Both leisure and engine battery use the chassis as common ground so have the -tve pole wired to the chassis . You only need to wire the +tve to the engine battery or +tve on the engine side of the split charge relay.
Ok thanks where will I find the split charge relay? I've not taken anything apart yet.

So you didn’t read the thread I linked above then?

So you didn’t read the thread I linked above then?
:headbang Sorry read your link found the relay :thumb. So not the most technically minded when it comes to electrics but unsure where to run the black negative cable? does it go to the engine battery or is there something else I missed in your very informative link that is closer by...

Picture of under my fridge where the charger is to be located but no sign of the split charge connection as showed in your link? Must it be further down somewhere nearer the front of the van?
IMG_4202.jpg

IMG_5145.jpeg
Should be mounted here?
Just follow the red cables at the back below the shunt, hopefully it’ll be next door in the battery compartment?

Negative wire can just connect to the neg of the leisure battery.

Ok I have wired it all up and have one last hurdle before I plug it all in. This is the slider switches on the Fraron charger unit I'm unsure what to set them on?
What do you think?
IMG_4206.jpgIMG_4205.jpgIMG_4207.jpg

Good question? I think you need more Intel.
What does the QR code on the battery label tell you?

There are several posts on here regarding Fraron units. Arctic Matt is running one I believe.
Take a stroll through them and see if it helps.

What brand/type of battery have you got?
Search “Data sheet” on it/check the manufacturer website?

Useful Intel when you find it.

Back